Within the Team "Shop Floor Systems 1 - Production, Methods, Tools", we're developing and operating IT applications which support the production flow within our factories. One of our key projects is the "MO IoT Platform", a shopfloor IT data ingestion and analytics platform. This platform is confirmed for all major MO production plants worldwide as well as for some additional plants at the company.
The Job Requirements
- Deep knowledge and experience in software design, platform design and application operations.
- Very good knowledge in recent IT base technology and trends (Docker, Ansible, ElasticSearch, Kafka, MQTT brokers, REST APIs)
- Experience with test automation and CI/CD build/deploy pipelines
- Experience with Server to Server and Client to Server communication interfaces (REST, MQ, MQTT, Kafka)
- Good IT base knowledge (Linux, XML, JSON, data modeling, handling large amounts of data)
- Client Web Application development (Switch, React, MaterialUI) [Nice to have at this stage]
- A will to share experience and work on detailed documentation
- Administration/Configuration/Management of Web- and Application Servers
- Pioneering spirit in dealing with new technologies and abstraction
- Communication and team skills
- High commitment
Close collaboration with the CoC members in architectural enhancements of the MO IoT Platform.
- Enhancement of and integration in the overall end-to-end CI/CD process chain, bringing the platform to the "true North Star" level.
- Packaging, Distribution, Operations and maintenance of key components within the MO IoT Platform, such as:
- Apache Kafka
- IBM MessageSight MQTT Broker
- Supporting the overall DevOps process chain with test automation (in Junit, Jmeter, …), configuration and deployment management (Jenkins/Bamboo, Ansible).
- Working on the evolution of the "next generation plant IoT platform" together with the CoC in Sindelfingen (moving towards a kubernetes cluster).
- Development and Support of a "web toolkit" to provide an easy-entry for new IoT/Analytics use cases (e.g. Switch GUI with ElasticSearch integration, OIDC support, …)
- Evaluation and consideration of an API management tool
- Final degree in computer science
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, email@example.com.
Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.