Our client, who operates in the production (food services ) space and supplies into the FMCG industry, is currently looking to employ an experienced Quality Assurance Manager (Senior) to their dynamic East London team. Decisive, no-nonsense, assertive and experienced quality leaders, from a food , beverage and / or dairy background, are invited to apply for this business critical position - an awesome career opportunity awaits the appointed candidate!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Ensure that all processes contributing to the performance are conducted properly
- Manage and maintain databases for quality systems
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information for monthly operational quality assurance reports, and quality trends
- Report the status of quality levels of staff, systems and production activities
- Manage and evaluate incidents, general and CMS queries and complaints, providing a feedback for training purposes
- Document internal quality assurance processes
- Communicate any critical compliance risk noted from the activities to senior management
- Provide leadership and strategy in line with departments quality objectives
- Highlight all errors identified and address same with relevant staff.
- Highlight recurring errors, address and provide solutions working in conjunction with all unit managers.
- Propose solutions to improve service levels and productivity to management.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality; driving a high -performance culture within the organisation
- Determining training needs through root cause analysis and quality trends
- Suggest interventions needed including training where necessary.
- Conduct workshop and coaching sessions where necessary according to developmental needs.
- Review all weekly and monthly reports, highlight problem areas and recommend action to be taken to improve departmental services.
- Ability to research and analyse market structure, segmentation and competition;
- Propensity toward service centric, consultative solutions based sales and account management
- Extensive account management experience in the industry;
- Strong understanding of industry industry trends and technologies
- Strong commercial awareness / business acumen.
- Ensure that quality management systems comply with regulatory requirements
- Establish goals and objectives for self and team and implement accordingly to help support / improve job performance.
- Analysis of risk and implementation of corrective actions
- Must have management (staff management) experience and a proven track record motivating teams / staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Matric plus Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Industry knowledge is a requirement for this position
- QA qualification and experience (4 years)
- Professional background in Quality Management or related subjects.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience holding a similar management position within a quality management environment.
- Sound Knowledge of ISO quality systems
- Computer literacy: Ms Word, Excel and email
- Systems/IT interest or knowledge an advantage
- Must be assertive and steadfast
- Experienced in managing a team and ensuring optimal efficiencies (output) from this team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Evolution and QMS systems, Report Writing- Good writing Skills Computer Proficiency
- Ability to work across all levels, functions and regions and cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Computer, analytical problem solving, planning/organizational, interpersonal/ teamwork, negotiation and leadership skills are necessary.
- Ability to coordinate various processes simultaneously.