An established Automotive Manufacturing Supplier, seeks to employ a Project Engineer, focusing on JIT and Sewing.
Grade 12 / Matric
National Diploma: Industrial Engineering
3+ years experience in a similar role
Maintain and update current / future BOMs:
- Receive / Review Customer & Supplier Info
- Updating Product Requirements Overview
- Updating/Maintain Engineering Drawings
- Load, edit & Maintain CAD Data (Gerber/Lectra)
- Create Markers / Summary Sheets
- Review & Maintain ODS With Usages
- Load New Parts Into SRM
- Maintain Item Master Data / BOMs in XPPS
- Maintain BOMs in LJS
- Review BOM Audit Schedule & Finding Closure
Implement Engineering Changes:
- Receive/Create Timing Plans as Per Customer Requirements
- Co-ordinating Activities as Per Timing.
- Create Material Parts List for PPAP Submission.
- Update LPBS With New Part No.’s
Ensure Effective Process Planning:
- Conducting Regular Review of Time & Method Studies
- Update & Maintain ODS Requirements as Per
- Customer Demand / Changes
- Ensure Work Instructions Tie Up to Actual
- Maintain Line/Plant Layouts
Ensure Templates Are Received from Customer & Proper Control Adhered To:
- Update & Control of Schematics/Template Register
- Issuing & Control of Templates to All Relevant Dept.’s
Ensure Cutting Knives Are Manufactured to Specification / Cutting Markers Are Generated & Controlled / Correctness of Engineering
- Performing the Required Approval of Tooling Prior To Cutting
- Send Out CAD/Templates for Knife Manufacture
- Preparing Markers to Ensure Best Material Utilization/Yields That the Cutting Machine Will Allow
- Issuing Supplier with Updated Info/Schematics
- Regular Communication to Suppliers on Changes & Implementation
Assist with Proposed Investments & Expenditure Regarding Changes:
Calculating the Necessary Investment Costs for PAR Submissions
- Quarterly Audits to be done to Ensure Correct Labour Is Being Met.
- Periodic Follow Up with Team to Ensure Adherence to Bom Audit Schedule in Order to Be Soc Compliance & Bom Accuracy
Update Plant Layouts:
- Quarterly Review of Plant / Line Layouts According to ODS / Manning Plan
- BOMs Created In XPPS
- Run IMDS Program & Submission of BOMs to PETC
- IRT Created & Submitted with BOMs to PETC
Creating Operator Work Instructions & Key Information Guides (VA’s)
- Listing a step-by-step Instruction of All Job Process Methods & Ensure a Graphic representation Of the Tasks Thereof.
- Specifications from Customer / Drawing Included
- Create / Generate Markers for P & A Cutting
- Gather / Supply BOMs / Living List/Schematics / Drawings / WI’s To Assist with Manufacture
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.