An established and growing online Education Institution, seeks to employ a Lecturer for Public Management, for their Higher Certificate qualification.
- post-graduate qualification relevant to field (Public Management)
- 3+ years teaching/lecturing experience at post-school level
- Familiar with the following core disciplines: Local Governance, Public Administration, Project Management
- Must be have relevant academic credentials and be able to facilitate teaching in at least two of the following: Local Governance in Context; Municipal Service Delivery; Local Democracy and Urban Planning; Good Corporate and Financial Governance; Trends in Urban Governance; Local Government Policy Making and Analysis; Leadership; Academic Literacy; Service Delivery Excellence; Public Sector Human Resource Management
Main purpose of the role:
• Facilitation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment of selected modules associated with the Institution’s accredited Higher Education programmes to students through a distance mode of delivery.
• Design and development of learning material across a range of modules associated with this role
• Overall management of the module(s) assigned to the incumbent in line with Institutional Quality Management Systems
• Engaging students through institutional and Internet-based online platforms to support learning and creating a sought-after learning experience.
• Collaborate in the research and design of new academic programmes and modules.
• Actively contribute to the operations of Faculty.
Key Performance Areas:
Academic Management and Leadership
• Responsible for academic teaching and learning content, student support and administrative processes of selected module(s) assigned to the incumbent and ensuring compliance with the organisation's vision and policies.
• Module administration e.g. keeping assessment records of students registered on a module(s), administer module evaluations and interpret such, scheduling activities etc.
• General departmental administration as assigned by the Programme Manager or Academic Head.
• Collaborate with the Research and Development Unit and contribute to programme design and learning material development for a mixed mode of delivery, with specific reference to the integration of technology.
• Reporting and other submissions as required by management and/or regulators.
• Responsible for the overall quality management of the module(s) assigned to the incumbent.
• Academic performance reporting on all aspects of the module(s) falling within the incumbent’s sphere of influence.
• Ensure adequate resourcing of module(s) including the recruitment of tutors, coaching and mentoring of tutors and appointment of external resources such as external examiners, peer reviewers, etc.
• People management of academic tutors responsible for supporting allocated modules.
• Any other assigned duties pertaining to the improvement of the institution's academic offerings and/or services.
Teaching & Learning
• Responsible for teaching and learning initiatives, including the application and/or ongoing introduction of learning through multiple channels, and academic campaigns to facilitate student engagement and academic throughput in allocated modules.
• Using innovative teaching techniques and educational technology to facilitate learning on the selected modules, including the provision of academic support to students.
• Facilitate collaborative learning using available technology.
• Ensure alignment between curriculum design and delivery
• Design and administer assessments, including online assessments, in line with institutional policies and guidelines.
• Continuously evaluate teaching and assessment practices against institutional policies and contribute to policy review.
• Marking of assessments and processing of marks, including provision of constructive feedback to students.
• Design, develop and distribute core and supplementary learning materials using technology and multiple learning channels.
• Within an allocated module(s), apply risk profiling using learning analytics, identify students at risk, plan and execute strategies and interventions to remedy poor student participation and academic performance.
Enhance the Student experience
• Establish a clear engagement process with students, setting out the relevant channels and enforce student discipline and utilisation of channels.
• Optimal use of institutional systems and other educational technologies to facilitate and support teaching and learning.
• Resolving students’ academic queries efficiently and effectively, identify trends and incorporating appropriate responses into the learning process.
• Facilitate continuous engagement with students to assess their individual learning journey and identify areas for improvement
• Administer student surveys at regular intervals to determine student satisfaction levels with a view of actioning improvement to meet student needs.
• Proactively encourage and support students, acknowledge academic achievement to ensure an enjoyable and rewarding learning journey.
Academic Citizenship / Community Engagement
• Contribute actively to the operations of the institution, faculty and department through various activities and membership of institutional committees and structures, where relevant.
• Identify community needs to inform the curriculum, teaching and learning.
• Actively pursue relationships with key stakeholders in industry and academia with a view of facilitating academic relevance and excellence.
• Conduct research on contemporary and social issues to ensure relevance of programme / module content.
• Sharing own academic research findings with academic peers to facilitate collaborative learning and knowledge expansion.
• Contribution to the bodies of knowledge associated with the incumbent’s field of study and/or related disciplines as well as the Distance learning phenomenon.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.