An established and growing online learning institution, seeks to employ an Online Lecturer within their Diploma: Business Management programme. This position is remote based, and reports to the Head of Academics.
- Completed 3-year degree in associated discipline for the role
- Honours / Postgraduate teaching qualification advantageous
- 3+ years' experience in lecturing / facilitation, using multiple learning channels
- Familiarity with the academic discourse within the requisite field and related disciplines
- Preparation of additional learning content
- Experience using LMSs i.e. Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, Sakai Project
Core Disciplines: academic qualifications and ability to facilitate teaching at NQF 5 - 6 level, in these areas:
- Business Management, Project Management, Leadership
Cognate Disciplines: in addition to above, academic qualifications and ability to facilitate teaching, at NQF 5 - 6 level, in 2 of these areas:
- Economics, Information Systems, Business Ethics, Academic Literacy, Production and Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Strategic Management, Financial Management / Financial Accounting, Commercial Law, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Risk Management, Business Continuity
Focus of the role:
The core focus of the role is to provide teaching and learning using a range of innovative teaching and learning methods and systems, inclusive of the Institutional LMS, to drive student engagement and throughput.
Key Performance Areas:
Teaching and Learning:
- Prepare and execute high-level teaching and learning plan, as well as lesson plans, that align with the course curriculum for each module.
- Communicate lesson plans and assessment deadlines.
- Create quality and brand aligned content to support students learning i.e. video lessons, podcasts, tutorials, etc, which are aligned to the high-level teaching and learning plan, as well as lesson plans.
- Plan, execute, report, and monitor campaigns focused on increasing student participation, submission rates, online submission of assignments, and throughput rates.
- Prepare, mark and moderate assessments in line with the Institutional Assessment and Moderation Policies.
Academic Management and Administration:
- Regularly update Course Layout Forms with newly created assets
- Ensure assets are stored per the Institutional Policy related to Intellectual Property.
- Complete Monthly Activity Report.
- Administer, analyse and report on surveys.
Research and Community Engagement:
- Actively participate in workshops, knowledge sharing sessions, meetings, and other Institutional forums.
- Create community content in line with the area of expertise or subject matter knowledge for distribution to the Institutional community.
- Build positive relationships with other internal stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, grammar, and spelling.
- Understanding of good pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning.
- Ability to create and deliver exciting and innovative teaching experiences and resources.
- Adaptability to a fast-paced, pressurised, and changing environment.
- Affinity to technology and the ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies.
- Passionate about creating a great interactive learning environment.
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office 365 Package.
- Proficient in the use of Learning Management Systems (i.e., Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas or Sakai Project)
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link