Group Social Media and Community Manager – working remotely.
Our client is based in London, United Kingdom and is a group of companies consisting of two different brands.
The two companies work in partnership together as both share a number of sites across London, as well as promoting strict sustainability philosophies across their brands.
Both brands serve their gins and beers at their shared bars in three popular locations across London.
The one brand is a sustainable urban distillery that uses sustainable production methods to create a range of popular gins which it sells online and via stockists, as well as serving these up into delicious cocktails at its bars. The big focus for our client in 2021 is growing its e-commerce sales as well as building awareness of its bars and gins.
The other brand is a ‘craft’ brewery rooted in German tradition, brewing fresh, authentic German style beers, and serving them fresh on site.
About the role:
The Group requires an enthusiastic, conscientious, and highly creative Social Media Manager to work remotely.
The Social Media Manager will be managing the social media activity of both brands.
The individual will be the driving force behind both our client’s social media activity.
Working under the direction and leadership of the Directors, the Social Media Manager will own and manage the content planning, posting / scheduling, community management and data / reporting of all social media channels the brands.
This will include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok and Google My Business. It may include additional channels that emerge or become important to the business in the future.
- Working on both brands in the Group.
- Focusing on the following digital channels: Instagram, Facebook, Google My Business, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Pinterest.
- Add further channels as and when required (g., emerging or niche platforms).
- Be the main admin and point of contact on each social media account.
- Creating content calendars and schedules for each channel, in line with the commercial objectives
- Scheduling and posting content to each channel.
- Community Management: manage the Direct Message inboxes of each channel and responding to all user engagement.
- Competitor research and helping to formulate channel strategies and tactics (g., hashtag research, finding key influencers, evaluating competitor activity, etc.).
- Understanding the idiosyncrasies of each channel and tailoring a content plan specifically to that channel for optimum performance and engagement.
- Reporting and Analytics: compiling regular reports on the performance of each channel.
- Adopting a data-driven approach to social media management (e., using data to inform strategy and how to improve and optimize content on an ongoing basis).
- Close working relationship with the Content Creation Manager (based in London, UK) who is responsible for producing any photography and videography. You will discuss content plans and ideas with this colleague and create content production briefs for him. g., you may require a series of 30 second video assets in vertical format specifically for Tik Tok. You would discuss the idea with the Content Creation Manager and brief him in to produce and send you the content.
- Close working relationship with the Group Graphic Design Manager (in the process of being hired in SA). This colleague will be responsible for producing all graphics and artwork across the brands. You will discuss your social media content ideas with this colleague and send them the necessary briefs for them to produce any assets you E.g., graphics for social media posts.
- The overall strategy will be set by the Marketing Director who will induct the successful candidate into the business, provide all training and support, and regularly check-in with the candidate to track performance and set goals / KPI’s.
Tools and Technology:
The successful candidate will be primarily working on a day-to-day basis with the following:
- Later Scheduling App.
- Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, ).
- Google Analytics.
- Canva graphic design tool (for quick and easy graphics).
Qualifications / Skills:
- Previous work experience with social media marketing or a demonstrable passion for social media – our client is looking for a social media wizz who knows the social media landscape inside out!
- Regular user of a few of the key social media channels, such as Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest and others.
- Strong writing and copy-editing abilities (writing social media posts is a key part of the role).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organization and attention-to-detail,
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong proficiency in Office tools (MS Word / Google Docs, MS Excel / Google Sheets, MS PowerPoint / Google Slides).
- University Degree (Bachelor’s minimum) strongly preferred but not essential.
- Business / Marketing / Digital-related educational background preferred but not essential.
- Diplomas / A-Level equivalent also considered for candidates with an exceptional attitude and willingness to learn.
- Whilst candidates with a minimum of an Undergraduate / Bachelor’s Degree are preferred, those with the equivalent of A-Levels and / or a Diploma will also be considered if they demonstrate a passion for social media marketing and a willingness to learn new skills quickly on-the-job.
- Full-time position – working 40 hours per week.
- Mondays to Fridays.
- South Africa based – working
- Preferred working hours, 9am -6pm London GMT (10am - 7pm SA time / GMT +2).
- Approximately R15 000 – 18 000 per month (c.£800-1000).
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.