An established IT Systems company, with offices in East London and Port Elizabeth, seeks to employ a Data Analyst for a 6-month contract. The successful person will work closely with clients to design, collate and deliver the reporting requirements based on the identified metrics. Skills in data warehouse design, build as well as reporting skills in Power BI, essential.
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Write technical documentation
- Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Assimilation of various data sources
- Assisting the development team in designing relevant data structure for capture and processing of data
- Design of the data warehouse structure
- Implementation of the data warehouse structures
- Importing and cleansing of the various data sources into the data warehouse
- Designing of the models to support the reporting requirements
- Building of reports in Power BI
- Delivery of insights and recommendations
- Always be Accountable for what you do and work on
- Provide guidance to team on best practice solutions
- Review root cause analysis of issues ensuring implementation of the solution
- Identify areas to improve system performance and availability
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with customers
Minimum requirements / Skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Information Systems / Statistics / Data Science
- Microsoft Certifications Advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Data Analyst role on the Microsoft stack
- Strong BI Experience
- Strong SQL Experience (Database Design, Queries, Stored Procs…)
- Strong Reporting experience in visualisation tools – PowerBI (or others)
- Strong knowledge of and a passion for data analytics, data visualization, data interpretation, predictive modelling
- Strong communication skills and the confidence and ability to present effectively across different levels of seniority
- The ability to communicate with people from different technical domains (IT, engineering, finance) as well as marketing specialists and business managers.
- An understanding of software engineering concepts is beneficial
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.