Our client in the automotive industry based in East London is currently looking to employ a BOM (Bill Of Materials) Analyst. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive industry in supply chain management positions.
ERP Key User:
- Train team members on ERP/WMS use.
- Define flow of goods in ERP/WMS to assure optimized operations (backflush points, scrap, inventory transfer, warehousing logic).
- Control item parameters and relevant logistics settings to maintain optimal system performance.
- Communicate to IT operational requirements to optimize shop floor logistics.
- Support inventory and demand analysis to address operational issues.
- Control daily interactions of ERP with other shop floor and financial systems.
- Act as interface between IT and materials management.
- Standardization of logistics processes.
- Running of key reports to support logistics business unit
- Troubleshoot ERP errors, lead failures with cross-functional team till a resolution is found.
- Creation of Manufacturing Bill of materials, update and sign offs
- Ensure proper execution of product change management, parts setup to active status timely, and implementation process clarified in the plant.
- Ensure on-time and accurate BOM creation as well as leading the MBOM audits (as per BOS)
- Meet scorecards items related to Engineering Change Management
- Plan and execute the critical deliverables as defined in BOS
- Ensure BOM setup, review and signoff as per BOS
- Part number creations, setups
- Weekly error report analysis
- Manufacturing Bill of materials setup and sign off as per Program manager timing plan
- Minimum tertiary qualification technical diploma and/or specific training on supply chain management/Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in automotive industry in supply chain management/IT positions.
- Candidate must have experience in plant logistics.
- Must possess excellent communications skills have and the ability to work effectively with all other functional groups throughout the organization
- The person will need good project management skills
- MS Project, MS Office, QAD
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.