A vacancy exists for an Accounts Clerk, based in East London, reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for capturing of data and financial information and performing specific general ledger reconciliations to specific areas of the financial processes in the financial accounting process of the organisation. This contract is for a period of 4 months
(maternity leave cover)
- Grade 12
- Bachelors of Commerce in Accounting is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Bookkeeper/ Accounts Clerk
- Financial process understanding up to trial balance
- Ability to perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Knowledge and proven experience of accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software (SAP)
- High performance orientation, independence as well as a team player, functional proficiency, initiative and an ability to meet deadlines is essential for this position as is attention to detail and good communication
- Responsible for month end processes and assist in capturing of data
- Responsible for internal and third party invoicing and accounts receivable
- Liaising with credit control regarding daily banking and bank transfers.
- Managing the allocated creditors: reconciling, recording and reconciling of transactions
- Managing sundry debtors: reconciling and ensuring receipts are correctly allocated
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager with developing the operational budget for the organisation
- Constantly striving to improve working methods to improve standardisation and efficiencies
- Perform reconciliations for specific processes
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager with ad-hoc tasks and projects
- Operate accounting software programs (e.g. SAP) to process business transactions
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and policies
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system
- Facilitate account queries with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for preparation of accounting reconciliations and resolving of reconciling items in relevant accounting process
- Ensure compliance to corporate governance and the organization’s procedures and protocols
- Assist in special projects as requested by management
- Strive to continuous improve working methods to improve standardisation and efficiencies
(Knowledge, skills and attributes)
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.