I am looking to recruit a SHEQ Coordinator for a Manufacturing company in Tongaat, KZN.
This is a 3 month temp to go permanent position.
Total management of health, safety, environmental and quality systems as per Company and legislative requirements. The store functions and responsibilities of engineering, raw materials and consumables.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Development and implementation of relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
- Safety Induction Training for employees and contractors
- Environmental awareness training and training on conducting audits.
- Coordinate and chair regular meetings with safety reps, management & union
- Implement OHSAS 18001
- Prepare plant for SABS audits and liaising with SABS inspector
- Ensure relevant legal compliance (ISO and SABS
- Arrange surveys (Occupational & Environmental)
- Ensure effective incident management (COID)
- To be the COVID compliance officers
- Review SER’s and educate employees on action plans
- Conduct factory visits and audits
- Ensure all safety and quality files are up to date
- Ensure that audit action plans are being fulfilled
- Submit reports
- Liaising with Municipalities and AIA’s
- Regular hygiene checks e.g. ablutions, tearooms etc.
- Review roles and functions of management in terms of HSE
- Establish efficient reporting mechanism to report to management
- Conduct Internal Safety training to employees
- To participate and promote Near Miss and Safety Conversation Reporting
- To ensure that safety meetings are conducted monthly and all action plans are tracked accordingly
- Ensure ISO 9001 and SABS compliance
- Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated timeously and the required frequencies
- Prepare reports after customer complaint site visits
- Monitor production and yard scraps by populating on Pareto charts and putting action plans into place to remedy
- To verify and sign all quality control documentation to ensure conformance to specifications
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
· Must have sound knowledge of HSE legislative requirements
· Excellent report writing skills
· Contacts and good relations with relevant bodies such as community health, DWAF etc.
· Well organized
· Excellent knowledge on how to conduct audits