Our client is looking for a senior and experienced Storeman who has the potential to grow and manage people
Your key outputs include, but are not limited to the following:
KPI 1: Management of operations
- Manage and supervise assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources
- Plan and organize workloads of staff assignments
- In conjunction with Regional Administration Manager motivate and evaluate assigned staff.
- In conjunction with Regional Administration Manager review progress and direct changes as needed
- In conjunction with Regional Administration Manager improve on work procedures
- In conjunction with Regional Administration Manager expedite workflow in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operation
- Advise employees on care and reservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping of stock; and related problems
- In conjunction with Regional Administration Manager responsible and accountable for all stock in the KZN warehouse
- Ensure that stock levels are correct with ACCPAC
- Goods in transit location to be cleared on a weekly basis
- Ensure that staff adhere to safety measure in place.
KPI 2: Pick orders accurately and on time shipment to customers following first in first out protocol
- Accuracy in packing and picking stock
- Speed in packing and picking stock
- Picks stock for clients according to picking slips
- Picking efficiency: Daily picking reports must be submitted to Warehouse Manager and National Warehouse and Logistic Manager.
KPI 3: Minimize stock losses
- Total responsibility for stock loss through incorrect picking, packing, loss of picking slips, failure to follow procedures.
- Check stock that has been picked is correct before the invoice is produced
- Counts, sorts, and records incoming stock items. Checks receipt of items against suppliers’ invoices.
- Notifies Branch Administration Manager and National Logistic and Warehouse Manager of any missing items, or damage to boxes.
- Always follow the PVA and FIFO method when stock goes out of the warehouse.
KPI 3: Warehouse administration
- Packs stock correctly on shelves after GRV’s are done
- Stores articles on shelves according to product type, location and expiry date
- Responsible for packing and wrapping goods that are sent via courier
- Maintains storeroom cleanliness and neatness at all times.
- Assist with daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly stock takes
- Assist with receiving and loading orders when the invoicing clerk is absent to ensure that drivers deliver stock speedily
- Labelling of stock
- Checking expiry dates of stock
- Stock rotation
- Resolve general stock queries
- Monitor and ensure that back orders are released timeously
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to lift heavy boxes and must be in good health.
- Skill in the operation of listed tools and equipment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other departments
- Manager staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of products sold by the organisation and the main differences between certain products
- Differentiate between various items of stock.
- Work accurately and quickly
- To assist in ensuring all stock-on-hand items are correct at month end stock take.
- To assist in ensuring that the necessary paperwork has been accurately and timeously completed.
- Strictly adhere to the Health and Safety regulations, company policies and Standard Operating procedures
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work well under pressure / frequent interruptions
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.