A local speciality food producer is looking for an experienced and Qualified R&D Food Technologist with specific Culinary expertise in Cakes, Desserts and Confectionary - based at their facility in the Durban area.
MUST have relevant Tertiary qualification, and FOOD based R&D experience in the relevant field – No exceptions and NOT Negotiable
- Responsible for New Product Development from concept to launch, including:
- Cost Management
- Nutritional information
- Marketing, photoshoots
- Monitoring and searching the market for trends and new product ideas
- Reformulating existing products for product improvements, in terms of cost-saving, best practice in clean-labelling and technical changes
- Laboratory and mini production trials
- Product launches and training of production staff
- Designing, conducting and documenting sensory evaluations
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Department with respect to:
- Process of new product development
- Compiling and checking ingredient lists, packaging information and specifications
- Reporting, tracking and filing of all relevant documentation
- Responsible for all matters relation to sustainability and clean labelling
- Principal food safety team member
- Liaison to the Quality Assurance Department concerning GMP, HACCP, FSSC/ISO standards, specifications, customer complaints and any relevant quality matters
- Factory support for product-related technical challenges and production process improvements
- Contact intermediary to Suppliers as well as Head Office
- Implementing and maintaining of Systems and Processes for:
- Product costings
- Nutritional information
- Packaging information
- Degree, National Higher Diploma or equivalent in Food Technology, Nutritional sciences
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in R&D with respect to New Product Development
- Extensive experience in an FMCG Manufacturing environment with the production of Cakes, Desserts, Confectionary and related baked delicacies
- MS Office including MS Project
- Extensive working experience with HACCP, GMP, Food Safety Systems Certification (FSSC) and ISO standards.
- Experience in managing own projects - Product specification, nutritional calculations, product costings, conducting sensory tastings; planning and executing production trials and shelf-life testing
- Candidates are required to have no dietary restrictions as tasting and consuming all food types will be required.
- Only candidates who do not smoke will be considered
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential – particularly for R&D, reporting and related
Kencorp Executive Search
P O Box 136893 Alberton North
Kencorp Executive Search was founded early 2005 and offers the combined expertise of 20 years of experience. Kencorp specializes in sourcing and placing professional and experienced candidates in the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, IT and Legal industries. We provide a fully comprehensive service including screening and reference checking for all our candidates which includes a candidate database and a guarantee period on all our candidates placed. This is to safe-guard you, our client, as well as the candidate and ensures that you are completely satisfied that you have made the right choice for your organization and that the candidate is happy in their new working environment.
Kencorp strives to bring you:
- Increased profits and sales
- Decreased costs
Kencorp is proud to be a member of APSO and runs the business strictly according to the APSO Code of Ethics. The Company prides itself in staff solutions for the ultimate results in Client needs and Candidate career choice. The aim is for successful permanent placements and Client/Candidate satisfaction. We are a BEE compliant company and have EME Certification.