Main purpose of the job:
- Ensuring that the THEATRE conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to health care industry.
- To provide the highest quality of services to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of nurses station.
- Communication on Professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, experience and competencies:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Theatre experience required
- Post Basic Diploma Operating Theatre Technique would be an added advantage
- Private hospital experience would be added advantage
- Proof of registration with the S.A.N.C and proof of personal indemnity is required.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Required to work flexible hours
- Required to do after hours calls
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to speak read and write English and other languages would be an added advantage.
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable
- To be all times neat and tidy in dress code.
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
Accountability and Responsibility
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required.
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained.
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that all theatre duties are performed.
- Ensuring that responsibility is taken for all theatre instruments used and repacked via CSSD.
- Constantly Monitoring the smooth running of the Theatre
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the Hospital Industry.
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly completed and appropriately filed and distributed.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code, and staff employee manuals.