An exciting position has become available for a Maintenance Engineer in the Pinetown area, to lead the Maintenance Function in the safe and cost-effective execution of Maintenance and Project work in order to improve availability and reliability of plant and equipment.
- Facilitate the management of a safety, health and environmental management programme in the workplace (ISO14001 and ISO45001).
- Ensure compliance to SHE legislation and other requirements (Standards, Best Practices etc.)
- Operate according to standard operating procedures and within parameters of applicable legislation.
- Ensure any prescribed statutory inspections and / or tests be performed by a competent person and that the records in this regard are kept and maintained.
Quality Management System:
- Manage and implement the Maintenance Quality Assurance systems
- Improve employees awareness within the department of Quality Targets and Objectives
- Ensure that the maintenance department works within the ISO Quality System as well as conformance to the ISO 14001 standard
Policies and Procedures:
- Initiate, approve, develop and update Maintenance Policies, Procedures, Protocols, Work Instructions, Codes of Practice, etc.
- Provide input into the budget process
- Monitor performance against budget (expense controls, variances, etc.)
- Initiate requests for CAPEX/Disposal/Transfers
- Manage relationships with key customers
- Identify opportunities for improvements and make recommendations
- Manage relationships with key suppliers
- Identify opportunities for improvements with key suppliers
- Develop the Maintenance Strategy and ensure implementation
- Provide leadership and manage the Maintenance Function and Teams
- Analyse and interpret Planned Maintenance Reports (Hours per department, hours per Artisan, etc.)
- Analyse and interpret Breakdown Reports (Manufacturing downtime, top-10, etc.)
- Diagnose plant and equipment problems (fault finding) and identify opportunities to modify, upgrade, improve or replace equipment and spares
- Upkeep of general facilities and utilities
- Compile and manage the Preventive Maintenance Programme according to the maintenance requirements for machines and equipment
Maintenance Process (Scheduled):
- Approve Stores Requisition for spares and consumables
- Ensure the effective management of the maintenance and fabrication workshop
- Support R&D with product realisation by fabrication of prototypes and jigs for the use in manufacturing
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Participate in the implementation and utilisation of equity related processes
- Compile and update Performance Contracts and Individual Development Plans and facilitate individual career path planning
- Conduct Performance Reviews and manage sub-standard performance
Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Mech or Elec)
Procurement, Quality, Technical Development, Finance, HR, Logistics, Equipment and Part Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants