An exciting opportunity has come become available with my client based in the Umhlanga area for a HR Practitioner - Talent, who will be accountable for the end-to-end recruitment, performance management, recognition, IR and Health and Safety processes at the company.
Support the implementation of smart people management practices, enabling employee engagement and supporting organisational health at company.
Responsible to serve as a trusted partner on all people related matters to both employees and managers.
- Manage the recruitment process in line with the company’s resourcing requirements and recruitment policy, with a key focus on attaining exceptional talent.
- Provide best practice input on staffing requirements.
- Actively promote the company as an Employer of choice to prospective candidates.
- Review candidates against role profile, shortlist accordingly and provide suitable recommendations.
- Partner with recruitment agencies for external resourcing requirements.
- Complete screening and panel interviews and arrange for assessments as required.
- Ensure all relevant checks are completed and reviewed and that all candidate documentation are received prior to an offer being processed.
- Provide appropriate feedback to all stakeholders including candidates.
- Ensure all information is obtained to manage candidates’ expectations.
Health and Safety
- Manage the internal Occupational Health and Safety team at the company.
- Ensure the OHS team has adequate representation and is trained and skilled to perform their roles effectively.
- Ensure that all members of the OHS team conduct and submit monthly checks, once received review and discuss findings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Together with the OHS team, ensure that agreed action points from monthly checks are actioned.
- Ensure continuous OHS education to the team through various platforms like posters, emails and the intranet takes place monthly.
- Ensure the OHS file is kept up to date.
- Facilitate disciplinary and/or work performance sessions.
- Review the matter and consult appropriately to recommend a suitable way forward.
- Prepare necessary documentation and liaise with the relevant stakeholders to proceed with the matter (internal and/or external).
- Ensure all matters are finalised, closed and feedback provided.
- Ensure that HR representation on all IR matters are aligned with the disciplinary code, providing objective guidance and support to all stakeholders.
- Provide assistance and representation at the CCMA when required.
- Manage the performance management process ensuring performance plans are completed, check-in sessions are held and evaluations are completed and timelines managed.
- Provide guidance to the team on performance related matters.
- Review and provide input into our Recognition programmes.
- Facilitate the recognition programmes processes including the nomination and awards process.
- Completion of a Human Resources qualification is a requirement.
- 5 years relevant HR experience is required.
- Proven track record of sustained high performance is required.
- BCEA, LRA, OHS and related labour legislation knowledge and application is required.
- Must be proficient with MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.