We are currently looking for a designer, with more than three years’ of working experience in a digital industry, to work on a broad range of exciting current and new projects.
As a team, we are down-to-earth yet ambitious, highly-skilled yet casual, friendly yet professional, strikingly different from each other yet bound by our common human values. Proactive people who thrive on change and are driven to improve themselves and others everyday are the kind of people that will love working with us.
We’d love for our new addition to be authentic, driven, professional and filled with purpose, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you are chosen, you will be accountable for designing collateral for any medium – apps, websites, illustration, videos, presentations, books.
Our company is proudly headquartered in (KwaZulu-Natal), South Africa. Due to our way of working, this position is best suited to those who live in or are able to move to the Durban area.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience with graphic design in a digital industry, with a full and comprehensive portfolio
- User Experience and User Interface design for mobile devices, by producing user journeys, wireframes, prototyping and graphic design for final release
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Mac OS
- A strong understanding of design principles in web, mobile and print, typography and branding
- Ability to plan and prioritise work coming into the studio
- Grammar and proofing skills
- Experience working with clients to understand their business/industry, interpret concepts and ideas into a product brief, and translate into a visual solution
- Technical knowledge of design standards for various digital platforms, especially web and mobile app design
- Experience in a senior position accountable for providing creative direction to other designers and implementing designs with developers
- Employing digital media techniques to create original illustrations and icon sets
- Experience in articulating complex concepts and visualising data through infographic design
- Constant experimentation and adoption of new design techniques, software, and creative styles
- Accountability for testing of finished product to meet quality and usability standards
- Demonstrable portfolio of work created for clients and/or experimental creation
- Expert knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, XD, Indesign, etc
- Keynote, Pages or similar applications
- Video production, photography and sound editing
- Animation using Blender/Lottie/Snap.svg
- Content creation
- Experience working with an app dev team
- User interface design for mobile devices
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines
- Previous experience working in an agency environment with multi-faceted teams and various levels of stakeholders.
- A natural-born creative who loves digital and lives design
- A professional who understands that best results are achieved through collaborating with others, and not just in working alone
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Broadly skilled with the ability to adapt to different tools or workflows according to the deadline or output required
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The ability to ingest constructive criticism and work with team input while staying true to the product
- The maturity to work purposefully and steadily under pressure with all kinds of clients
- A strong online presence (you share your interests on social media) and innate drive to share your knowledge (active participation in the community)
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
- The diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task
- A natural-born teacher who will do what it takes to up-skill the people around you, and has an opinion on what constitutes great work
- Full CV
- Reference details from your direct leads at your 2 most recent places of employment.
- Include your expected salary and your notice period