Location: Clairwood, Durban
Salary: R25 000 per month
Benefits: Monthly bonus incentive
Position available for an Accountant within an established and stable company in Durban. The role requires the successful candidate to handle all communications with vendors, clients and internal departments as well as assist with inventory, database and record maintenance, preparing financial reports, issuing checks and making deposits.
Booking and Accounting
- Administering simple and/or double-entry accounting for the company
- Proper recording of all entrusted accounting records
- Completing monthly, quarterly, and annual closings, including Management accounts and Annual Financial Statements
- All SARS Tax Declarations/Returns/Submissions
- All Compliance (including Tax Clearance), Tax Planning and structuring, Personal Tax including Tax returns for director(s), Annual Duties and Financial submission to CIPC, Payroll and Payslips, Cashflow Management and Inventory management
- Communicating with auditors, tax authorities, and other institutions
- Preparing statements for the Statistical Office of the Republic of South Africa
Debtors and Creditors Management:
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests
- Conducting credit checks on new and potential customers
- Implementing debt collection policies and regulations of the company
- Implementing deadlines for, and monitoring invoicing and payment collection processes, including record keeping of invoices, deposits, & all correspondence regarding payment collection; thereby ensuring timely collection of payments
- Negotiating with customers in cases when non-payment occurs
- Preparing monthly feedback reports on payment collections
- Securing the proper and timely accounting of all received invoices and supplier invoices & statement reconciliations
- Overseeing routine department activities, such as processing payroll, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records
- Compile, analyse, and report financial information to management, credit bureaus and government agencies
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency
- SAIPA qualification (preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Ethical behaviour when dealing with sensitive financial information.
- High level of accuracy and efficiency.
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.