The HR Assistant will primarily provide support to the HR Manager (HRM) on a daily basis, to assist with recruitment tasks and any ad hoc tasks which might be allocated to them by the HR Manager.
Growth opportunity is available in this role, as the HR department is growing and have multiple new avenues which they are engaging in. This person will play a major role in assisting and starting up this part of the business with the HRM.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administer the recruitment process:
- Posting and managing job posts.
- 1st line screening of CV’s.
- Preparing interview packs.
- Arranging interviews to fit the schedule of the various managers involved.
- Maintain an effective filing system.
- Issuing / Capturing of Leave forms.
- Company vehicle administration:
- Completing documentation for any vehicle insurance claims when necessary.
- Keeping track of licensing requirements of the vehicles.
- Completing and submitting documents for renewal/re-registration of vehicles.
- Checking tracker reports for irregularities.
- Perform all general related administrative duties as required.
- Assist with completing variety of legislative documents such as EE reports, DoL audits.
- Keep all employee records up to date, and files completed.
- Assist with the implementation of Organization development initiatives (Catalytic coaching, employee surveys etc.)
- Assist with research w.r.t. training requirements of staff members as they are identified.
- Ensure employee data is accurate on the HR system and regularly maintained, identify shortcoming on the system and initiate action to improve.
- Communication with staff members to ensure they keep to the core values of the business.
- Ad hoc duties on a day to day basis.
- Presentable and professional candidate.
- Afrikaans and English second language a must (Fully Bilingual – read/write/speak)
- Excellent communication skills a must.
- Grade 12
- Any HR certificate/qualification advantageous.
- Minimum 1year office administration experience, preferably in an HR environment.
- Understanding of HR terminology.
- Reliable private transport.
- Stable employment record.
- Proficient in the MS-office suite of products.
- Basic understanding of the core concepts contained in the BCEA and the LRA.