Our Client in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town, Brackenfell industrial, in the Construction industry, has a role available for a Slurry/Concrete Spreader Operator. This is a 6 month contract, renewable.
Open to all ethnicities with a valid South African ID.
This position requires a person to apply Slurry efficiently and effectively where needed in the fibre installation process to ensure proper long lasting road reinstatement and maintenance. Some travel is required for projects outside the greater Cape Town area when needed.
Responsibilities & Duties and not limited to:
- Manage and successful implementing the slurry mix, Applying the proper quantity and consistency of slurry required per job parameters.
- In conjunction with management and other machine operators in the process, assess each job site to identify potential problems, creating a plan to minimize those risks identified.
- Control the process of aggregate loading to the machine including coordination with dump truck drivers and stockpile loaders where needed to clean up tar remaining’s.
- Operate safely and in compliance with required safety and regulatory requirements including company and municipal requirements.
- Operate other heavy-duty road construction equipment including but not limited to Bobcat loaders, tipper trucks and other vehicles as needed. (Vermeer Trenching machine experience will be of advantage.)
- Contribute to all areas of road construction as needed including traffic control, notification of impending road closures, stockpile duties from set-up to post project clean up, equipment movement, equipment maintenance when needed or instructed, on-the-ground manual labour, managing the slurry teams, operating
- Managing teams with the ground maintenance equipment – wackers, blowers, debris removal, etc.
- Code 10 / 14 License will be essential
- Understanding of Concrete mixture
- Understanding of Optic Fibre installation will be of advantage.