- BCom Degree with a strong supply chain background
- Exposure to international procurement terms and conditions
- Legal or technical qualification will be advantageous
- At least 8 years’ experience in a Buying capacity of which at least 2 years in a management/leader capacity
- Experience in Store Management environment will be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of applicable commercial legislation will be advantageous
- Supplier evaluation experience
- Management experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong administrative skill
- Strong conflict management skills
- Computer literacy – MS Office(with high proficiency in MS Excel)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent people skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Compile and issue tender documents.
- Evaluate tenders and write a report/summary of facts.
- Negotiate the most favorable option for the company and draft the agreement.
- Overall responsibility for oversight and resolution of contract management issues.
- Comply with all policies and procedures applicable to Procurement.
- Select and source from suppliers in line with preferential procurement targets.
- Evaluate potential suppliers in order to improve the BEE score.
- Completeness of vendor files and new applications approved timeously.
- Completion of Credit applications and submit for approval.
- Maintenance of BEE records.
Management of staff:
- Supervision, training, mentoring, and performance evaluation of Admin Clerk.
Packaging and Ingredient planning and ordering:
- Monitoring and managing of open orders to be able to supply to the production plan.
- Liaising with the supplier to determine actual delivery dates.
- Negotiate and scrutinize price increases of packaging and ingredient suppliers and submit for approval.
- Converting of orders in compliance with the purchasing procedure.
- Investigate and action account queries promptly when these are the result of price variances.
- Investigate supplier problems, take the appropriate action, and follow up to ensure no similar problems are experienced.
- Maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them.
- Follow-up on outstanding orders – system maintenance.
- Follow-up on orders received but not invoiced – system maintenance.
- Be fully conversant with the current market prices of all items required.
- Be able to evaluate quotations.
- Negotiate discounts and settlement discounts.
- Continuously review commodities and suppliers to ensure that the best possible agreements are in operation and savings reported.