What you will do
You will form part of the Helium team that develops the Platform-as-a-Service product (Helium) of the company and who maintains a governance framework for technology and product development in the company. You will develop and communicate the use of ‘best practice’ during product development and contribute towards the technical development of junior product developers.
We are looking for an individual that is a great team player, problem-solver and quick learner. The ideal individual will be someone who is dependable and dedicated to their work and cares about making a difference in Africa. One of our main drivers, working at the company, is the fact that we build solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives and with this comes the responsibility of producing work that is of high quality. At the company, we strive to maintain a good balance of working hard and spending time together to build good relationships and celebrate individual and team achievements!
The team uses the following technologies:
• Java EE (Enterprise Edition) 8
• EJB, JMS, JDBC, JNDI
• Glassfish 4.1.1 & 5
• Git & SVN (SVN being phased out)
• PostgreSQL 9.6 (to be upgraded soon)
What you need:
Senior Java Developer (Platform Team)
• 8+ years overall experience in information technology.
• 8+ years’ experience in full stack development.
• 5+ years’ experience in Java development.
• 8+ years’ experience working with SQL databases, ideally PostgreSQL.
What to expect
• Passionate and dedicated team members - We work hard and support each other because we are passionate about what we do and the impact we are making.
• Growth opportunities - We have annual personal development discussions to craft out your journey ahead. We have 5 study leave days for those that are pursuing a qualification or certification.
• Flexibility - 3 remote work days with core hours being 10:00 - 15:00. We are output, not input focused.
• An energising environment - We celebrate differences and value individuals. We enjoy celebrating successes, having coffee-walks, playing ping-pong and care about each other's personal lives.
• Income protection & death cover - We care about our staff and their family when unexpected events occur.
• Employee Wellness Programme - We are holistic beings and therefore we invest in the health and wellbeing of our staff.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link