A leading provider of corporate healthcare and insurance services is looking to fill a key role, this being a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Architect. This is a Cape Town based opportunity.
This technical lead role will design best-in-class data analytics solutions and manage a team of skilled data modellers and scientists around a common technical vision. This role will take ownership of all technical aspects of BI projects and operational solutions.
Key performance areas:
- Define and improve the BI and Data architecture framework:
- Contribute to the definition, development, and improvement of the next-generation BI and data architecture framework.
- Ensure that the BI approach integrates into the Group’s businesses.
- Stay abreast of best practices and new developments in BI (Data Warehousing, Reporting and Analytics).
- Define and create BI and data architecture models that are aligned with the business and information governance policies and standards:
- Analyze business requirements and create related architectures.
- Define architecture and solutions for acquisition, integration, and management of data.
- Define architecture governance processes and quality compliance criteria.
- Perform quality checks on new and existing BI and data architectures. Identify potential business risks and enforce compliance criteria.
- Design, develop, document, and communicate technical solutions that deliver on business requirements.
- Provide expert BI input and engagement with a wide range of technical stakeholders to ensure data architectures are in line with the Group BI technology standards.
- Build and foster a relationship with the IT Architecture team. And mentor and guide other Developers.
Experiences / Qualifications:
- Masters degree in relevant field (Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering)
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in application and data engineering.
- Proven experience in data architecture design and delivery is essential (UML, OO, SOA, etc).
- Extensive experience with data warehousing (Kimball and Data Vault patterns) and dimensional data modelling (OLAP and MDX)
- Exposure to modern data platform technologies (e.g. Kafka or Nifi)
- Understanding of the information management domain (DAMA / DMBOK)
- Data visualization and reporting tools (e.g. SAP Business Objects, Power BI)
- Understanding of identity and access management technologies (LDAP / Kerberos / SAML / IBM IAM products)
- Database technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Teradata)
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala)
- ETL tools (e.g. SAP Data Services)
This is an EE designated opportunity.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Candidate Connect to obtain your personal information and utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role. Your information will be stored on our database. Should you wish for us to remove any personal information from our database, please contact us at email@example.com. Your data will not be used for any unsolicited marketing purposes, and will not be transferred to any third parties without your direct consent.
Please note that if you do not receive a response from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider it as unsuccessful for this particular role – thank you.