An exciting opportunity is available for a capable, self-starting marketing, communications, or management graduate, looking to pursue a meaningful career in delivering an enabling programme for start-up businesses to succeed. The role of Community Manager will be fulfilled by a highly motivated, passionate, agile, collaborative, culturally- and tech savvy person. This will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract with the option to renew.
• Work closely with diverse internal and external stakeholders
• Onboard new programme participants
• Create, manage and track project plan
• Seek sponsorship by effectively being able to influence decision-makers
• Nurture successful networking relationships
• Provide necessary leadership on fast-moving, complicated problems and act as the primary point of contact
• Create a conducive programme environment for all start-ups to thrive in
• Be the unwavering seeker of solutions to seemingly intractable problems
• Handle communications, application submissions, proposals and granting submissions
• Attend marketing and industry related events
• Gather and analyse information for reporting and monitoring and evaluation purposes
• Manage online programme delivery and communication platforms.
• Engage with external entrepreneurial nodes and ecosystem players with the purpose of establishing value-adding relationships that will unlock opportunity for programme participants w.r.t. to:
? Consulting needs
? Funding / investment
? Collaboration and showcase opportunities
• Excellent client-facing skills, both written and verbal
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Goal and Mission directed and driven
• Personal ownership of deliverables
• Proven project management ability
• Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Problem-solving skills and experience
• Hands-on experience with flowcharts, technical documentation and schedules
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other organisational tools
Experience and Qualifications:
• Relevant tertiary qualification
• Acceptable track record in project management delivery (minimum three years), and/or proven experience in planning and hosting events
• Experience in SMME incubator/accelerator space and/or engagement with startup support/corporate innovation
• At least a short-course qualification in project management and/or event management advantageous
• Entrepreneurial experience is an advantage.
• Community involvement track record an advantage
• Experience in Enterprise Development and Enterprise Development projects an advantage
• Understanding of the B-BBEE codes of practice preferred – specifically in relation to ESD
• Market-related salary
• Be part of a team sharing the same vision, mission, and values
• Work in a supportive, autonomous working environment
• Be instrumental in being part of an organisation making a huge impact.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link