I'm on the hunt for a Private Equity Analyst wanting to join a leading fixed-income and development asset management firm, located in Southern Suburbs, Cape Town.
This position will form part of the investment team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for investments, and have and have a record of high academic and professional achievement and relevant experience and skills – including strong analytical, risk assessment, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, and be highly organized and adaptable. This is an EE role, reference will be given to black African candidates and thereafter to suitably qualified previously disadvantaged South African candidates.
As part of a team, to be responsible for deal origination, including developing and maintaining counterparty relationships, deal analysis and the assessment of investment opportunities, and to negotiate, structure, conclude and manage private equity (and some debt) transactions.
- Generate investment thesis/ideas emanating from market developments, sector information and/or company developments.
- Participate in negotiations of new investments with support of experienced team members on behalf of the various funds
- Preparation and presentation of Investment reports on new and existing portfolio investments for submission to the Investment Committee
- Provide financial evaluation of project investment opportunities to the Investment Committee which includes but not limited to:
- Historical financial statement analysis
- Historic and forecasted financial ratio analysis as well as scenario testing analysis
- Creating and analyzing complex financial models (including sensitivity analysis) to support potential investment opportunities
- Conduct market research in potential investment sectors
- Conduct extensive company and industry due diligence
- Conduct other counterparty analysis (governance, environmental, social, competitive, management, etc)
- Review and negotiate transaction legal documents such as Memorandum of Incorporations, Shareholders Agreements, and Share Purchase Agreements with the assistance of experienced team members
- Work collaboratively with team members outside of the investment team to ensure deal capturing, reporting, monitoring and valuations.
- Post investment monitoring of new/existing investments: o Review of monthly management accounts of Portfolio Companies and annual forecasts
- Ensure through review that the implementation of agreed strategic vision with management/co-shareholders is on track thereby increasing shareholder value.
- Preparation of annual and ad-hoc valuation reports on various Portfolio Companies to be submitted to the Valuation Committee.
Technical and Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Strong academic credentials – B Bus Science or similar
- CA or CFA candidate preferred
- Previous unlisted deal transaction experience