We are looking for a Packaging & Logistics Manager for a leading Printing Factory, located in Paarden Eiland Cape Town.
This is an EE Position.
CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure that all printed finished goods are checked and packed according to instructions on the work ticket & distribution list when required thereby ensuring that finished goods are packed and delivered as per customer requirements & deadline.
- Dat to day management of effective procedures to deliver packaging solutions to the business and customers
- Work closely with the team in order to effectively deliver new solutions to the business
DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB
- To ensure seamless workflow within the despatch department as well as between relevant departments to enable timeous, cost effective, high quality product output to meet delivery deadlines further ensuring client satisfaction.
- Maintain client satisfaction through management of delivery and distribution of the correct quantity of of print media within the set time frame at the correct destination
- Ensure efficient and accurate picking and packing workflow and procedures are created and adhered to, enabling meeting of deadlines and set targets
- Managing and monitor production efficiencies to ensure achievement of set targets
- Monitor and manage the implementation, execution and adherence to quality monitoring systems and procedures
- In depth understanding of logistics and despatch management
- Monitor and ensure adherence to all Health and Safety aspects as per OHSA.
- Ensuring the availability of well-maintained equipment and vehicles and the provision of safe work environment
- Relevant National Diploma / Degree in Logistics or Production Management
- Minimum 5 years experience in a despatch environment at the Supervisory level
- Minimum 2 years FMCG related work experience within the print media distribution environment
- Thorough knowledge of workflow creation within a picking and packing environment