SD Recruitment is urgently seeking a Registered Nurse/Nurse Practitioner to start on Monday 24th August on a 2 month contract
- To be responsible for day to day nursing functions within the sexual reproductive health/primary health care environment.
- Provide Family Planning and Primary Health Care services.
- With a focus on HIV prevention & detection with counselling and referral for treatment.
- This includes physical assessment if STI symptoms are reported and treatment.
- To educate participants and promote health and wellbeing.
- Provide education on sexual reproductive health including
- HIV/TB and STI education to clients.
- Ensure familiarity with local counselling testing and referral guidelines
- Rapid testing for HIV & STIs
- Provide Family Planning counselling & services, perform pregnancy tests as required.
- Follows Family Planning, PACK, Standard Treatment and STI guidelines
- Assess, advise & treat the client needing a prescription.
- Refer to relevant secondary or tertiary hospital as needed.
- Capture data daily on relevant IT program.
- Ensure that consultation rooms have sufficient supplies to run the clinic on each day.
- Order stock monthly from Province.
- Provide stats monthly to DOH.
- Manage medical waste every 2 weeks.
- Monthly checking of emergency trolley and eyewash stations.
- Recording of clinic room temperatures twice a day
- Provide a welcoming and supportive environment for clients.
- Works in an ethical manner.
- Assist in maintaining good clinic flow.
- Maintain accurate client records.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Assist in liaising with pharmacist regarding supply and management of FPC and STI drugs.
- Assist in the development of an adolescent-friendly service
- Experience with adolescent health essential
- Training in Contraception including implant insertion would be advantageous
- Experience in Primary Health Care, knowledge of PACK guidelines
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and counseling
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing condition
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of email, word processing and internet.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team
Manual dexterity - Work requires definite skilled and accurate physical operations requiring some closely coordinated performance
Physical effort - Work requires handling lightweight materials or equipment with no special speed or exertion.
Working conditions - Office working conditions as well as community visits and clinic working conditions. Willingness to work flexible, adolescent-friendly hours
Current SANC Registration