Our client is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services, and one of the largest
media company in Southern Africa, they have a multitude of exciting projects which allow them to reach millions of users across various internet, mobile, application and interactive TV platforms. They are dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities and would like to maintain this status by exploring the latest technology and working relevant projects.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a young, dynamic, and multi-skilled team of developers and designers, as well as working closely with product owners to deliver sound, technical solutions based on the needs of the business and users, across the web and mobile space. Work and life balance is also incredibly important to us, so our fast-paced working environment is engineerled, and we promote flexible working hours with an allowance for remote working. To stay relevant, we encourage our staff to attend tech events and offer paid-for upskill training.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Working closely with Product Owners to deliver sound technical solutions based on the needs of the business.
• Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
• Conduct research & do proof of concept.
• Perform unit testing.
• Estimate on development efforts.
Skills & Competencies:
• Solid experience of object-oriented programing and design.
• Understanding of User Interface Design and Visual Communication.
• Comfortable in working in small, fast-paced environment with increased amounts of responsibility and highly collaborative teams.
Qualifications & Experience:
• BSc or B-Tech in Computer Science / IT preferred, though not essential.
• 3+ years in Android mobile development.
• Experience with XML, JSON, REST.
• Experience with Git.
• Web Service Design, C# & SQL (not essential)
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.