Infrastructure Project Manager
Wednesday, 03 March 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Experience managing data centre, cloud, and network infrastructure projects.
- Evaluating and implementing Cloud and Virtualization options .
- Development and execution of cybersecurity remediation plans and technology.
- Deploying Switches, Wi-Fi, VoIP, Routers, and other network attached technology.
- Deploying computers and other endpoint devices.
- Implementing campus wide software applications (including O365, Exchange Online and OneDrive for business.
- Experience in building a data centre using modern best practices, including but not limited to, room ergonomics, aircon, power, security, fire prevention/suppression, etc.
- A holistic understanding of IT infrastructure inclusive of server, storage, network (LAN/WAN), database, systems, DR/business recovery and continuity practices, etc.
- Understanding of Asset Management, Data Center Inventory, Application Discovery and/or Dependency Mapping (experience with tools/process)
- Understand application and workload move dispositions (P2V, V2V, P2P, Lift and Shift) and the methodologies around each.
- IT transformation project experience (assessments, migrations, consolidations, virtualization projects, etc.)
- Understanding of public cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers (AWS, Azure, Google) Responsibilities
- Manage the project teams including; Align, the client and the vendors throughout the data center relocation or physical server migration project.
- Manage the sizing and technical requirements of the new data center.
- Oversee and participate in data center inventory.
- Gather documentation, review dependencies, and build and develop a delivery plan for all the work streams.
- Advise clients on potential risk, and manage client expectations.
- Execute change controls, quality, risk management and communications throughout the project.
- Author all project status reports and dashboards, meeting agendas and minutes, and executive reports and presentations as needed .
- Able to apply an understanding of data center functions, technologies and interdependencies to create effective migrations plans, move schedules and minimize risks
- Coordination of the end to end movement of assets from the old Datacenter to the new Datacenter. This will include meticulous scheduling of all activities such as patching/unpatching, racking/unracking, movement and QA activities to ensure moves go without incident.
- Oversee the fit out of a dedicated suite within a colocation datacentre. This would include cabinets, cabling, final electrical distribution and security
- Working closely with the application and migration teams to ensure a smooth migration within approved change windows.
- Ensuring all documentation and asset record information is appropriately recorded in the organisation’s toolsets.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Project Management of Data Centre construction, dismantling, and/or migrations.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in Datacentre Migration projects of 500 - 1500 assets.
- Exemplar organisation and project management skills.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft packages such as Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Well presented, articulate confident and professional in approach. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop trust in others at all levels within an organisation.
- Previous experience working for a financial services company and a solid understanding of how they are organised and work.
- Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities - (multi-tasking skills are essential).
- Exposure to the full suite of technologies used within an international financial services organisation including market data, middleware, database, server, storage and networks. Full life cycle project management experience from project initiation to project closure.
- Results focused and able to manage own time effectively, balancing quality and pace of output. Awareness of key aspects of the Regulatory and legal environment under which the Company operates (POPIA compliance, FCA guidance on use of Cloud services, etc