The Campus Business Development Manager oversees developing business solutions. The main goal is to generate more revenue for the campus. The position will manage client accounts and develop business. This includes new sales strategies, sales pitches, and business plans.
The CBDM will prospect new business by advertising, cold calling, networking, or other methods of producing interest from potential clients. The incumbent will design persuasive approaches and proposals to convert potential clients into business customers by presenting new solutions and services to clients, you will develop and maintain existing accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet individual set KPA’s
- Prospect for potential clients and convert them into increased business opportunities.
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Present new products and services to improve existing relationships.
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Develop quotes and proposals for clients.
- Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Develop goals for the development team and business growth and ensure they are met.
- Find and develop new markets and improving sales.
- Engage internal and external contacts.
- Recognize opportunities for distribution channels, services, and campaigns that will result in sales.
- Ensure all levels of staff portray the campus in the best light.
- Research and cultivate an accurate perception of the organization’s mission and goals.
- Forecast sales objectives and ensure they are fulfilled by the business development team.
- Submit and ensure data is accurate on weekly progress reports.
- Attend industry functions, including conferences and association events, and contribute information and feedback on upcoming market trends.
- Training of personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- Manage campus budget in collaboration with campus finance administrator.
- Manage and control campus budget in collaboration with COM.
Human Resource Management:
- Initiate recruitment of new staff, conduct interviews, seek applicable HO Exec or Management approval and recommend appointments.
- Communicates job descriptions to all sales employees. Clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure performance objectives and KPI’s are set, agreed, and measured; take corrective action where necessary.
- Give feedback to staff on performance and development.
- Manage all Labour Relations in line with the applicable policies and procedures in consultation with applicable line Manager at HO.
- Manage all employees leave records in line with the applicable policies and procedures.
- Manage the legal requirements and policies and procedures for all foreign employees on campus.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3- 5 years sales or business development management of a business unit preferably within education sector
- Marketing, Business or HR Management qualification preferred
- FLUENCY IN AFRIKAANS PREFERRED
- Time Management
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of SAQA and related Acts
- Conflict Management
- Customer focus
- Administrative skills
- Query resolution
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Can work with people
- Networking skills
- Manage a sales team
- Strong communication skills