Purpose of the Job:
The Business Analyst has to ensure that efficient and cost effective business solutions and processes are in place to address business needs/requirements. The role facilitates effective and competitive business processes by eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business organisational and/or operational requirements.
Information Seeking and Analysis
• Analyse and understand the current business environment and strategies
• Understand the current trends and developments in the retail industry
• Requirement elicitation
Leadership, Facilitation and Influencing
• Gaining knowledge within specific area and sharing of that knowledge across the team. This includes interviews, presentations and workshop facilitation with both business & IT
Building and Maintaining Relationships and Communication Lines
• To build and maintain a trust relationship with business users – by delivering what was promised and providing solid knowledge and support.
Theoretical knowledge and application
• Research, document and prepare business cases on appropriate technologies, which will align with the business strategies of the organisation (including feasibility and business benefits).
• To delivery required tasks and documentation on time, and within agreed timelines
• 3 year Degree/Diploma Desirable: FTI Diploma
• 3-5 years of experience in Business Analysis in a Financial Services/Banking domain within a retail industry
• 5 years of experience in ERP systems
• 2-3 years of experience in the Retail industry
A strong technical background is required:
• Technical skills – knowledge of software and IT skills
• Data analysis – able to use logical techniques to analyse, describe, and evaluate data
• System analysis –able to find solutions to a given business function.
• System integration specification – able to bring different technological entities together to solve a given problem
• Functional specifications – able to explain in detail how a given technological solution would meet a given business requirement.
Experience in many of the following VAS services:
• Money Transfers
• Saving and Gift cards
• Airtime and Data
• Bills and Tickets
Knowledge and Skills
• Formal training in business analysis and design methodologies
• Experience in participating in projects
• Solid track record in successful delivery in the BA environment
• Experience in a global business environment is preferred
• Business understanding of the broader retail industry will be advantageous.
• Presentation and Workshop facilitation skills
• Estimation and planning of business analysis effort for projects
• Business Modelling tools – preferably ARIS
• Business analysis and elicitation techniques
• Process re-engineering and improvement
• Verbal and written communication skills (business writing)
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.