Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Identifying important variables and focus areas in the business
- Define, design, lead, execute and maintain a BI strategy that will fit into our Group Data Strategy based on an event-driven and real-time architecture (Kappa Architecture)
- Managing a team of BI Analysts and engineers that help to serve different business verticals.
- Participate in the recruitment process, eventual mentorship and career path of employees
- Defines standards and frameworks with regards to best practices in the Business Intelligence and Software Engineering realm.
- Define and implement standard development methodologies to ensure that the team is using best practices for coding, efficiency, version control, QA and release management.
- Oversee operational support
- Participates in the project management estimation process.
- Manage BI ticket backlogs and expectations with stakeholders.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide BI systems.
- Provides support to test teams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all key business functions in the enterprise and the technologies supporting and integrating them.
- Ensure team projects adhere to deadlines, and budgets
- Help to design and implement a Data Governance plan that will fit into our Group Data Strategy
- Ability to lead a team of analysts and engineers
- Project management skills
- Hands-on and lead by example
Qualifications and experience:
- Post Graduate Degree required (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, computer science etc.) or equivalent experience
- 6 - 8 years related experience
- Experience using high-level imperative languages (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Minimum 8 years SQL experience
- High proficiency in working with large data sets and business models
- Clear understanding and knowledge of the full reporting delivery life cycle, from requirements definition, prioritization, report design and development, testing and data lineage.
- Advanced data visualization tool knowledge (Sisense, Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.). Experience using QlikView and QlikSense is beneficial
- Retail or e-commerce industry experience beneficial
- Experience with third generation data platform architectures is highly advantageous
- Ability to transform end-user requirements into actionable processes, tools and insights
- Expertise in classic and modern BI methodologies and frameworks
- com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING