Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Operations | As a member of the Business Intelligence (BI) department, we provide information and analysis to the company that is timely, accurate, reliable and relevant. Our information is utilised across the entire business from front facing customer services representatives through to executives.
Our data originates from multiple external sources, and in the role of BI Analyst you will be key in determine how this information is warehoused and processed into meaningful information. Ongoing analysis and evaluation of results is a daily function and so all information systems are designed to provide ease of access, to be extracted on a self-service basis by all users.
This role requires a motivated, energetic, inquisitive and highly numerate person, possessing a genuine love of numbers and the value that can be derived from interrogating them. The successful candidate will be a proud numbers geek!
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Integration of new data sources into company databases so that it can be easily consumed, analyzed and included in relevant reports.
• Integration of data into relevant workflow processes, with the specific aim of continuously improving what we do and how we do it.
• Continually searching for new and useful ways to obtain, integrate and analyze data that is relevant to the company’s business model
• Education of report end-users so as to ensure a maximum spread of expertise around the company and promote “self-help” solutioning.
• Conceptualizing, defining and delivering new reports, as well as improving existing ones.
• Analysis of data from various sources in order to ensure that the business acts proactively on the information at its disposal.
• Obtaining, manipulating and analyzing business data to derive experience assumptions.
• Trend analysis on historical data and deriving information to drive key business decisions.
• Hypothesizing, testing and comparing projected outcomes of scenarios for the growth of existing business and / or the development of new markets and / or changes to existing business rules.
• Highlighting potentially unprofitable scenarios in order to determine remedial action where possible.
• Monitoring of subsequent actual outcomes relative to model assumptions in order to determine likelihood of goal achievement (particularly in respect of new markets) and / or need for changes in tactics and strategy.
• Work with Product Managers and Product Owners in executing project plans or analytical tasks within assigned schedule and timeline.
• 1-2 years’ experience in data analysis and implementation of models
• Hands-on experience with of relational databases, MySQL, SQL, OLAP, reporting tools (e.g. MS-Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Undergraduate degree (or substantial progress towards one) with majors in math / stats / economics / engineering / actuarial science or similar. Alternatively, at least 3-years’ work experience in a data analysis role will be considered.
• Highly Proficient in excel (pivot tables, graphs, ability to pull in data from other sources, formulas, functions) or other statistical/analytical tools
• Experience with VBA, data mining and statistical software such as R, Matlab, Octave, Python, Statistica, SPSS,
STATA, etc. will be a strong plus
• Ability to clean, manage, manipulate and use numerical data
• A relevant post-graduate degree will be a strong plus.
• Accountability and Execution
• Collaborative Relationships
• Influences effectively
• Time management
• Problem Solving
• Adaptability / Flexibility
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.