Analyse user requirements, design, implement and support less complex technical systems.
Permanent position based in Cape Town
- 3 year IT Diploma
- Specific analysis and development skills
- Project management methodology
- Relevant business process context knowledge
- 3-5 years programming/analyst programming experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Microsoft .NET C# programming language and the related toolset.
- Is aware of and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices and apply findings
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Anticipates change and continuously remains prepared for change
- Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes and requirements
o Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
o Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
- Maintain and support existing systems
o Interpret user requirements and translate into systems design.
o Investigate and solve systems issues.
o Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensures effective operations
o Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
o Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas