We are recruiting for a Product Owner responsibility is to maximize the value of an application/product and bears business responsibility for the successful project implementation.
Permanent, Cape Town based opportunity
- Producing strategic roadmaps for the web and chat platforms.
- Clearly expressing the product backlog items, which will combine business as usual and project requirements
- Identify the scope of requirements and define backlog items - epics and user stories
- Prioritizing items in the backlog to best achieve goals and objectives - optimizing the value of work delivered by the PMO and production support teams
- Ensuring the backlog is visible, transparent and clearly illustrates the roadmap of work to come to all relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for decision support and guidance to the project and support teams.
- Communication link between the project manager and business sponsors/stakeholders.
- Assist business sponsors in the documentation of project definitions and briefs.
- Provides business sign off at various stages in the product lifecycle - project or sprint plans, business requirements/user stories, entry and exit criteria etc.
- Review and sing off on various project strategy documents, as required.
- Documenting, presenting and tracking of project/product benefit realizations through BI dashboards.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders during product ideation and design.
- Accountability for the web and chat platforms both pre and post implementation of initiatives.
- Collaborate with communication team to articulate product releases and features to the business.
- Fulfil the role of the “champion” of the product by being the primary source of contact for any product related queries.
- Continuous market related research to stay abreast of the latest trends, fears and features.
- Continuous competitor analysis.
- Providing guidance to project team on priorities during sprint planning.
- Chairing and facilitating project steering committees alongside the project manager to provide updates on strategy, projects and tabling decisions that need to be made.
- Liaising with scrum master and project managers to oversee the various development stages to ensure alignment with end goal/product.
- Anticipating next phases in the solutions that will maximize client benefit through statistical evidence (BI dashboards and cubes).
- Building out dashboards and cubes that will continuously measure the benefit realization, user adoption and key focus areas.
- Report directly into the digital transformation manager as part of the digital solutions and BI team.
- Work closely with client journey team to build out the best user experience to drive adoption.
- Attend multiple group forums to stay abreast, align or leverage off areas/functionality within the business.
- Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- BCom degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Financial Services Industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT related role
- Technical background with knowledge of software development
- Excellent understanding of data warehouses and BI
- Strong SQL skills.
- Knowledge of BI cubes and dashboards
- Strong knowledge of agile principles.
- Experience in working on web and chat platforms are advantageous.
- Experience working with web services and API’s
- Previous experience in a product owner role.
- Experience in client journey designs.
- Understanding of User Experience) and Client experience and difference
- Strong presentation abilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Product Development
- Competitor analysis and growth mind-set
- Business Architecture review and business process architecture implementation
- Feasibility studies and documentation of underlying business architecture
- Documentation reviews