Tri Axle Truck & Trailer Driver
Monday, 15 February 2021
General Employment - Drivers
Manufacturing Plant (Specializing in Foam Packaging) is looking for an experienced and professional Code 14 Tri Axle Truck & Trailer Driver.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for efficiently delivering customer orders.
The ideal candidate must be physically fit, will be well-organised, trustworthy, honest, and that takes responsibility for their actions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understanding of national routes& cities throughout the country
• Conduct an inspection at point of delivery to ensure goods are
not damaged and that it complies with the prescribed
• Contribute to the cost savings targets of the company through
efficient and safe driving.
• Check stock quantity at point of loading
• Ensure vehicle is securely loaded and locked and sealed prior to
• Be responsible for stock once truck is sealed after loaded
• Will be responsible to check all stock quantity is received
correctly at customer.
• Take responsibility of loading and offloading of the vehicle
• Complete daily vehicle check sheets and cleanliness
• Ensure cleanliness and good service record of vehicle at all times
to ensure access to customer premises.
• Follow route plans and ensure accurate record keeping of travel
mileage and petrol slips.
• Report any incidents and accidents on time
• Must be willing to work long hours and some weekends.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as a code 14 driver
• Must have a code 14 driver’s license and PDP
• Clear criminal record
• Must have a sober minded attitude
• Fluent in English
Please indicate the position title and reference number as per advert in the email subject line when submitting your application.
A detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications must be attached.
All applications to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.