A leading FMCG Company is looking for a Financial Accountant to join the team. The successful applicant will report to the Group Financial Manager.
- B. Com Accounting degree
- Computer literate: Syspro, QlikView, and MS Office
- Min 5 years of working experience in a similar role
- Experience in an FMCG environment will be advantageous for this role
- All Financial reporting up to trial balance (Month-end, Year-end, Quarterly reviews).
- Processing of General ledger journals and ensuring that entries are correctly processed in the GL (and keeping and maintaining the required supporting documents for internal and external audit review).
- Submit Flash Results and compiling Pack reporting by the 2nd and 5th working day respectively.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations are to be performed monthly for review.
- The maintaining of Fixed Asset registers.
- Liaising with the Auditors (both Internally and Externally).
- Compilation of Budgets and giving guidance to the respective branches in this regard.
- Capex management (Initiating Capex, maintaining all required documents on file for audit purposes, verification of fixed assets on at least an annual basis).
- Calculation of commissions, provisions, etc.
- Liaising with factory and operation managers for expense accruals, queries, etc.
- Release local creditor payments in the bank and verify that creditor reconciliation is correct.
- Performing day ends and the month ends in Syspro for the following modules: AR/AP/INV/Cashbook/GL.
- Ensuring clear intercompany charge accounts monthly.
- Investigation and resolution of queries.
- Implementation of policies and procedures through standard operating policies and the maintenance thereof.
- Various other ad hoc projects may be required from time to time.
- Ability to perform under high levels of pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Solid and dependable team player.
- Adherence to strict deadlines.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to multiple deadlines concurrently.