• Grade 12
• Diploma/Degree in Retail or Business or related qualification
will be advantageous
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a retail
environment, ideally in a managerial or leadership level.
• Prior knowledge and experience in management of;
Inventory/stock, buying, staff, products merchandising, costs,
and profitability of the store.
• Knowledge of stock management systems like ERP, Meat
• Knowledge and understanding of FMCG environment and
• Management of perishable products with short shelf life
especially in meat industry
• Understanding of retail consumer behavior and purchasing
• Understanding of the retail and meat market
• English Proficiency (read, write, and speak).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Demonstratable analytical skills.
• Understanding of income statements, cash flows, stock
management reporting, and all basic financial systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
• Exceptional customer service and people management skills.
• Energetic and self-starter.
1. Stock Management Stock Ordering
- Place orders with factories and other suppliers
- Follow up on orders
- Manage deliveries, delivery dates and stock upon arrival
- Manage stock order volumes Stock Receiving - Receive ordered
- Report delivery shortfalls, and damages
- Follow up on non-received stock
- Capture received stock on Meat Matrix Stock controlling
- Daily stock levels reporting
- Run stock depletion reports- cashiers
- Balance off with stock receiving
- Manage stock levels threshold
- Manage stock shrinkage: stock losses/damages/dumpings
• Store cleanliness including, but not limited to all floors,
bathrooms, office spaces, passageways, isles, packing areas,
chillers, freezers, cashier till points and Deli (Hot Foods) area.
• Always maintain high level of HACCP standards throughout the
• Observe OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety) hazards and
abide by the rules and regulations of the Act.
3. Employee Management
• Employee Recruitment
• Onboarding and Induction of new employees
• Training and Development
• Employee Relations (Discipline in the workplace)
• Performance Management
• Employee Wellness
• Employee Motivation
4. Store Organisation
• Display of products on the shelf and create attractive displays at
key points in the store ex: check-out ques.
• Be familiar with the merchandising material available from
suppliers and ensure employees are familiar with all in-store
• Re-arrangement of store shelves and products
• Managing of non-moving items and display areas
5. Cash Management
• Manage and assist with daily cash ups.
• Minimise cash losses.
• Manage picking up and dropping off of cash in the store.
• Manage cash on ATM.
• Manage safety of cash movement within the store.
• Manage and keep the safe secure and locked at all times.
6. Customer Service
• Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer
• Create a store that meets local needs by building an
understanding of customer-product preferences.
• Manage and analyse customer complaints to get insights for
improvement of customer satisfaction
• Be the custodian of customer experience and lead brand loyalty
• Responding to customer complaints and comments promptly
• Scan and analyse customer environment, purchasing patterns
and initiate activities that will influence customer behaviour
including attracting new and retain existing customers
7. System Administration
• Manage staff clocking via ERS.
• Maintain and understand the system Meat Matrix.
• Manage and maintain CCTV cameras.
• Ensure availability of physical security guards in store.
• Manage the alarm system internally.
Working Hours: 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday. Saturday’s 7am4pm and Sundays 8am-1pm.
Management has off every second weekend and you have a day
off in the week as well.
Cell phone is provided to all managers and a car allowance is not
Staff Discount yes, but there’s a policy in place around this.
PEOPLE DIMENSION believes that every successful Brand is shaped by Great People who deliver on the promise they make. PEOPLE DIMENSION is a Recruitment agency committed to seek greatness in the South African job market. Skills attraction is our passion and building trusted partnerships with both our clients and applicants our priority. PEOPLE DIMENSION prides us on providing a personalized and delivery-focused recruitment function across all industries. Our Services include both permanent and contract placements, in the following specialist areas; Information Technology Engineering Finance Office Support Insurance Marketing & Sales A clear understanding of our clients’ business and corporate culture is the starting point of every successful placement we make. Our extensive industry knowledge and more than 11 year presence within the recruitment industry, enables us to find and introduce South Africa’s top talent to our clients. We also believe in continuous follow up on the progress of the candidate we have placed as well as the level of both our client’s and candidate’s satisfaction with our service. PEOPLE DIMENSION adheres to the APSO Constitution and Code of Ethics and is therefore very serious in complying with the requirements of South Africa’s Labour legislation. We are also a Level 4 BEE Contributor. Integrity and Service excellence is our promise to you. We invite you to choose PEOPLE DIMENSION as your recruitment partner.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link