COST ACCOUNTANT – Epping, Durbanville
R30 000 – R35 000 Per Month Negotiable based on Qualification and Years of Experience
Reputable Food Manufacturing concern is offering this lucrative Cost Accountant role within their dynamic Finance division.
Purpose of the Role:
To implement, maintain and utilise standard operating procedures to ensure that all inventory costs and production costs are accurately and timeously accounted for and reports distributed to the relevant departments.
One would describe you as a highly analytical, systematically inclined and deadline driven individual who has sound accounting, budgetary management as well as financial systems / procedures knowledge.
You are a self-motivated individual and someone who always strives for the best. You are a good planner and organizer who uses their initiative and pays high attention to detail.
Qualification, skills and experience required:
- Relevant Accounting Degree or Diploma
- Post Graduate Qualification would be advantageous!
- Minimum 3 years cost accounting experience gained ideally within the food manufacturing / FMCG / retail / related industry
- Proven supervisory / leadership experience of a small team gained
- Proficient in MS Office with strong MS Excel skills
- Own reliable transport and valid driver’s license
Key Performance Areas:
Analysis, Reports and Evaluation
- Plan, study and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw materials purchases, inventory and labour
- Analyse data collected and record results
- Analyse changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Analyse audits of costs and prepare reports
- Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Report on Stock GP% on a fully absorbed basis, broken down to direct and indirect costs, overheads and present monthly reports.
- Develop and provide reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Adhere to all SOP's, policies and procedures
- Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Keep to and meet all deadlines or due dates
- Maintain an orderly, updated accounting filing system for all documents
- Maintain costing model
- Perform investigations regarding effectiveness and/or efficiencies within the Costs Department and branches and formulate proposals for improvement
- Assist in the efficient management and implementation of the costing and pricing
- Ensure all journals are properly described, calculated and signed off by authorised personnel
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Assist in month end close of the general ledger
- Reconcile finished goods inventories
Education and Training:
- Assist with the training within the company in relation to financial responsibilities, both on‐the‐job and through participation in workshops and discussion groups.
- Coach non‐financial managers on interpreting and communicating financial data
Planning, Budgets and Strategy:
- Advise on the cost implications and consequences of business decisions
- Contribute to short, medium and long term business planning.
- Provide assistance to other departments and staff regarding general budgeting and financial reporting needs, including business plans, costing and pricing proposals, etc.
- Provide input to key strategic decisions and formulation of business strategies and input to improve business performance
- Research financial information for audit purposes and financial reporting
- Ensure fair allocation of workload
- Monitor operational activities of staff
- Provide input and feedback from performance reviews and assist in improving staff's performance
- Provide input into job descriptions and duties
- Schedule staff leave and maintain staff records
- Supervise, teach and motivate your team
- Take responsibility for staff work, induction and on‐job training
Risk and Compliance:
- Comply with the necessary Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure compliance to all food safety regulations, allergen control, housekeeping and pest control
- Participate in personal hygiene checks
HDI essential due to companies EE requirements
To apply for this role, please email an updated and detailed copy of your CV to Lameez on email@example.com