Our client, a giant in the FMCG arena, seeks a Procurement Capex Specialist. Reporting to the Capex Lead, you will be responsible for formulating & executing strategies that deliver cost effective solutions for significant/major Capex projects & execute best practice procurement processes for strategy development, contractual risk management, strategic sourcing, expediting & contract admin.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.Com or B.Sc in Engineering.
- Min 3 years’ experience on major capital projects at a Project Procurement Manager level.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and negotiate contracts.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge, experience and expertise of the company process and its associated technology.
- Advanced proficiency on the Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be prepared to travel to all the SSA Operations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support the alignment with the Capex Engineering Lead to agree accountability and deliver technically based value to major Capex projects, i.e. deliver both Opex and Capex value.
- Support the ongoing development of the Capex procurement process for the entities to execute and assist with their ongoing development of in-country capability.
- Drive and promote a Capex framework for the entities that ensures agile delivery.
- Deliver spend categories that have been identified as an opportunity for cross project/group volume consolidation and develop multi-project framework agreements covering multiple years.
- Provide call-off contracts (including the development of master data within the ERP/TQ system) covering common Capex items to reduce cycle times.
- Assist with the adjudication of major contracts and design/draft contracts on behalf of the operations.
- Facilitate consultation and co-operation between peer functions and procurement and ensure that information, knowledge and best practices are shared proactively and openly.
- Undertake and/or supervise project risk profiling by Project Contractors / Quantity Surveyors.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Results driven, bias for action and a passion for customer service excellence.
- Resilient and ability to thrive under pressure.
- Proactive and confident to make recommendations and decisions.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and deadline driven.
- Analytical and detail-orientated with continuous improvement mind-set.
- Innovative, intuitive with ability to anticipate, and interpret complex issues impacting on functional area.
- Openness to change and new ways of working.
- Diligence and conscientiousness.