Purpose of the job:
To provide timeous and effective financial analysis and control of the revenue stream to enable effective decision making, control, and budget management, in particular promotional spend and trading terms.
- Completed Matric or equivalent, accredited by SAQA.
- A completed degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or CIMA.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role as a Financial Analyst.
- Experience working in an FMCG environment is required.
- A high level of Excel proficiency is essential.
- Experience using SAP, BI, and Qlikview will be advantageous.
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and attention to detail skills.
- Knowledge and insights about customer needs in FMCG industry and/or Retail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong forecasting, reporting, and budgeting experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and pressurized environment.
- Effective communication skills at all levels within the organisation.
- Strong qualities of integrity with the ability to keep confidential information.
- High level of presentability, due to the external client-facing nature of the position.
- Willing to work extra hours and overtime as and when required.
- Own a vehicle with a valid driver's license.
To provide timeous and effective financial analysis and control of the revenue stream to enable effective decision making, control, and budget management, in particular for promotional spend and trading terms.
- Establish and maintain financial control measures and analysis tools relating to Sales, Trade Marketing, and Commercial functions.
- Identify, investigate, highlight and comment on relevant trends and variances.
- Engage in projects aimed at improving ROI relevant to required key performance areas (promo spend, category, channel, and customer profitability).
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes to understand current and expected financial performance.
- Identifying possible solutions to issues that impact financial performance.
- Develop a view of balance sheet and GL accounts and reconcile monthly.
- Investigate, analyze and report on relevant issues prioritized by the Financial, Sales, and Commercial Executives, when required.
- Preparation and maintenance of the master pricing file in SAP and monthly pricing checks.
- Provide additional support with regards to any additional Ad-hoc financial and analytical report requirements.
- Establish effective working relationships with vendors, across the business and Exco.
- Provide commercial support to key account managers and sales functions.
- Articulate information to relevant stakeholders in a timely, consistent, and user-friendly format.
- Gathering information and validating the integrity of information.
- Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities.
- Stay abreast with the latest developments in own discipline.