Purpose of the role:
Microsoft Solutions Consultant is responsible for consulting with customers, sales team and other relevant stake holders based on the currently assigned project or task he/she is working on.
This role requires experience in a wide area to serve customers with accurate and relevant information based on their business or technology challenges. Day to day tasks for this role include discussing and understanding customer requirements, designing, and articulating solutions and delivering/implementing these solutions in a technical capacity.
- Develop good customer relationships.
- Attend and drive customer consultation meetings
- Develop an in-depth understanding to customer’s requirements
- Provide solutions to customer’s technical requirement or challenges
- Write customer technical documentation and proposals for solutions
- Conduct effort estimations to inform the sales team on costing for project
- Deliver projects in a technical capacity
- Responsible for solution design, business development and transition of projects from presales to delivery as well as ongoing sales support.
- Select and apply appropriate design standards, methods, and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure that these are effectively applied and adopted.
- Guide successful implementation and execution of solutions.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in a specific business, infrastructure, or functional areas.
- Microsoft certifications for Server Infrastructure
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Azure (Administrator Associate/Architect Expert)
- Microsoft 365
- Other relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g., Cisco, VMware Beneficial - Software and programming languages, e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python
- 10+ years in consulting with customers on various technology solutions
- 4 years of writing proposals and technical documentation
- 4 years of delivering solutions/project in a technical capacity
- Minimum 5 Years Azure experience.
- Minimum 3 Year Architecture experience
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Strong track record as an architect or delivery engineer of new systems/solutions
- Preferable demonstrated work experience working as a systems administrator, network engineer, etc
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical solutions
- Experience working in an agile environment
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) Advantageous
- Good product knowledge integrated with deep technology understanding
- Solid understanding of the vendors’ products, business and technology positioning
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good self-awareness
- Client Core values must be evident (Customer Centricity, Innovation, Excellence, Impact)
- Ability to establish and create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Continuously maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domain