Position: C# Developer (Team Lead & Mentor)
Is technology your soulmate? Do you speak fluent geek? Are you socially adept and inspired by problem-solving? Raise your hand if that’s you because we’re hiring!
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of C# Developer (Team Lead & Mentor). This role plays an integral part in our team, as you will be supporting the IT requirements of a group of entrepreneurial Financial companies.
So, who are we and why would you want to join us?
We are a leading-edge technology company working with one-of-a-kind applications that support a wide range of IT services. Our fast-paced environment will positively challenge you and keep you engaged as you navigate through changing priorities and varying demands. We work smart, we work hard, but we have fun doing it! (Oh and sometimes we have to put in a few hours after work or on weekends, but nothing too hectic.)
Should you wish to join our team, you will get exposure to an extensive variety of industries, passionate executives with a wealth of knowledge, experienced professionals, and diverse IT applications. Let’s face it…you’ll be working with proper stuff and meeting influential people!
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider
- Aluma Capital – Asset and Fund Manager
- Cryosave – A bank for newborn stem cells
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who would be a good fit?
We are looking for a skilled C# Developer (Team Lead & Mentor) who prides themselves in ensuring that the group of companies have access to reliable and bespoke software to do business, through applying unrivalled mentorship and guidance to their team. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys interacting with people and providing efficient and friendly service, making sure all staff have the tech they need. Someone who contributes to the development of software, web, and mobile applications that facilitates the achievement of business outcomes and improves business efficiencies and processes through leveraging technology. Coupled with their passion and enthusiasm relating to all things IT, they will monitor and maintain these programmes ensuring everything works, like clockwork!
- Prepare specialised code as required by the product definition to enable application development;
- Contribute technical expertise to requirements analysis to enhance the quality of the solution design;
- Complete testing and gathering of feedback to improve the quality and reduce the operational risk of the developed application;
- Undertake post-release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles;
- Provide 3rd level application support and problem resolution to minimise the impact of application related service outages.
You may be wondering, what would such a fantastic individual’s duties include?
- Work closely with business staff to ensure solutions adhere to client standards and fit their strategic enterprise architecture;
- Define and manage non-functional requirements, including working with others to ensure these requirements have been met;
- Define and organize development tasks and apply accurate estimation of these tasks;
- Work closely with members of the development team to ensure that the software design and implementation meet the architectural goals and quality standards;
- Provide support to the business analysts, and other project team members, during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is both technically achievable and feasible within the project constraints;
- Identify and own technical project risks and issues, including owning mitigation activities and resolution of issues;
- Undertake other duties as directed by line managers commensurate with the post;
- Actively seek opportunities to contribute improvements to the Client’s applications;
- Mentor and guide junior members of the development team whilst broadening their technical knowledge (training);
- Act as a focal point of expertise on key technologies or skills;
- Implement development projects of all descriptions (either IT related or not);
- Liaise with Development Team, Test Analysts, and Business Analysts for technical development and improvements;
- Maintain and enhance projects;
- Maintain and enhance Legacy systems.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required? We want someone who:
- Resilient and able to work in an organisation that is undergoing change due to growth;
- Good organisational skills, task/project-driven, deadline-oriented;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good decision-making skills;
- Good problem-solving ability;
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure;
- High attention to detail;
- Productivity and time management;
- Team Player and the ability to be an excellent leader;
So now you’re really excited and want to know what’s next. Well, take a look at the below requirements and if you meet them; apply, apply, apply:
- Experience in the full software development lifecycle;
- Experience in architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security, etc;
- Extensive development experience;
- Knowledge of a wide range of open source projects and components (Preferred);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of object-oriented design techniques and patterns;
- Knowledge of several standard software development methodologies;
- Knowledge of integration patterns and technologies;
- Client interaction experience, including experience in running workshops with clients;
- Experience working in an agile environment (Preferred);
- Knowledge and/or experience with microservice architectures (Preferred);
- Knowledge and/or experience in systems such as service bus (Preferred);
- Experience in web technologies such as angular (Preferred);
- Experience in Microsoft Azure and Kubernetes;
- Exposure to Agile development methods is a bonus.
Essential Technical Experience
Front-End Skills (minimum)
- Angular or Ionic
- Bootstrap or Material.io
- Exposure to Client-size MVC Frameworks
- CSS2 and CSS3
- Debug tools such as Firebug / Chrome Dev Tools
- Cross Browser/Platform development
- Consuming Data formats such as JSON/XML
Back-End Skills (minimum)
- RESTFul API or MVC
- Working knowledge of RDBMS like MSSQL
- Securing web applications
- Dependency Injection, IOC
- Test driven development
- Message Bus experience
- OWIN experience
- CORS experience
- Service bus
Other skills (minimum)
- Understanding of OOP
- Visual Studio
- Integration experience between front/back end
- Exposure to Version Control with Git/Subversion /Bitbucket and branching strategies
- Clean code
- Knowledge of multi-threaded, multi-tiered applications
- Experience with Service Orientated Architecture
- Domain Driven Design
- Build and continuous integration frameworks like TeamCity, octopus
- Team Foundation Server or DevOps
- Distributed Systems design
FINTEGRATE IS A START UP AND PART OF THE NUMERAL HOLDINGS GROUP OF COMPANIES. They’re new, they’re fresh and growing at the speed of light!