Our client in Knysna is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant to join their Family Office in Knysna, Western Cape.
As the Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant you will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations of our organization, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency in all financial matters. Reporting directly to the Group CFO, the Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant will play a crucial role in managing day-to-day accounting activities, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting operations of the Family Office.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounts payable, cashbook and receivable, payroll, and financial statements.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Group CFO.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide monthly forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and monitor budgetary performance throughout the year.
- Manage cash flow, including forecasting and monitoring cash inflows and outflows.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to identify and address any financial discrepancies or irregularities.
- Develop and implement effective accounting and financial control procedures.
- Provide guidance and support to junior accounting staff, assisting in their professional development.
- Stay updated on industry trends, changes in accounting regulations, and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Completed articles with a recognized accounting firm is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in accounting and financial management.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping and reporting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and provide meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Knowledge of South African tax laws and regulations is preferred.
Please note that only experienced candidates will be considered and contacted. Apply ONLINE now at: www.sydsenrecruit.com
SYDSEN RECRUIT (Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn)