Phithos is an IT Services and Solutions company building on data-centric technologies for Healthcare, Education, Financial Services and Social-Media industries. At Phithos, we believe in Research & Development, Innovation, large-scale meaningful solutions and Quality Service. We are headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and have offshore delivery center in New Delhi, India from where we are servicing the customers in USA, UK, Africa & India.
We currently offer Permanent/Contract roles where candidates can:
- Work remotely or on-site in Johannesburg or Cape Town.
- Work remotely from Mumbai or Delhi
Our roles are hybrid and work location can be discussed to find the most suitable conditions.
We are looking for a SENIOR TEST ENGINEER whose main goal will be to ensure quality of all software releases by conducting various forms of testing to identify all defects
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
- Develop appropriate test plans to address quality assurance needs
- Perform automated / manual testing of product and document the process thoroughly
- Perform functional specification analysis to determine core system functionality, prerequisites,
risks, and test criteria (full scope of testable requirements)
- Develop test cases based on functional specifications, stakeholder requirements, system
functionality and complexity
- Conduct system testing bases on test cases in line with the test plan, quality management
standards and testing policies and practices
- Record the test results on the relevant system and make test results available to all
- Report accurately on the progress of test execution
- Collaborate with the developers and business system analyst to analyse and resolve the defects
- Ensure at all times that risks are escalated and mitigated where necessary
- Drive test strategy and test automation initiatives
- Advise and guide colleagues regarding effective test approaches and techniques and provide
- support for complex test cases in order to provide maximum coverage with minimum effort.
- Ability to work in international teams where communication may meet language barriers.
- Participate in test cate review sessions.
- Educate and coach junior team members.
- Resolve production queries with little or no support and provide junior team members with
appropriate guidance in resolving the queries.
- Develop load, performance and stress testing plans
Education and Experience
- Software Testing Qualifications certification
- Relevant It Degree or Diploma/Certificate
- 6+ years’ experience working as a Test Analyst
- 4+ years’ experience in Automation testing
- Experience in back-end application testing
- Exposure to diverse IT projects using a variety of testing tools and techniques
- Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces
- Test lead/ Test Manager experience would be an added advantage
- Experience conducting Performance testing would be an added advantage
- Interpreting business and technical specifications
- Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Must be self-motivated, results driven and be capable of managing multiple priorities, projects,
deadlines and tasks
- Usability, sanity and functional testing methods
- SOAP UI
- Agile methodology
- Performance Testing
- Java programming would be an advantage
- Gatling would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Fitnesse will be an added advantage