You will be responsible for developing and implementing the Operations and Customer Services strategy
by providing strategic leadership in the management of the Operations and Customer services departments ensuring operational effectiveness, and will be generating efficiencies in the overall provision of service and support to the business. You will ensure that the business operates efficiently and effectively in the onboarding of new clients, maintaining and servicing clients on an ongoing basis, ensuring that premium collection is optimised and client service levels are constantly improved.
Provide leadership on the Operations functions
- Oversee the development and implementation of operational strategies geared towards the enhancement of processes and systems to service customers.
- Provide leadership to the team in developing methodologies for monitoring business performance and customer behaviour.
- Utilise data for appropriate MIS reporting at required intervals - daily, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Strategic responsibility for quality analysis and business retention.
- Guide the team and the business on the adoption of appropriate and commercially viable client retention interventions - analyse business churn
- Build & maintain strategic partner relationships at a decision-making level, both internally and externally
- Contribute to client relationship management to achieve strategic objectives
- Proactively develop strategic action plans
- Establish a functional scorecard to report progress made against strategic objectives
- Contribute to achieving the growth targets and profit goals of the business by delivering on the short and long term contracted financial and operational goals of the function
- Maintain sound governance and business management practices
- Ensure that there are adequate internal controls to safeguard that the strategies, policies and processes are met
- Improve levels of operational efficiency & delivery in the business environment
- Deliver operational support to Distribution channels to ensure that they can comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the business and can achieve their sales & profit targets
- Provide strategic direction on the required technology solutions needed to deliver on the business goals and enhance service delivery
- Ensure that appropriate human capital management and transformation practices are in place and followed to support the delivery of the objectives of the business .
- Improve quality of service to clients its impact on customers.
- Develop and integrate the road map with stakeholders within the business to deliver a holistic customer service experience for the customer.
- Utilise the capabilities the business to deliver an overall experience to the customer that is seamless.
- Develop a clear value chain between acquisition, servicing and growing the customers.
- Develop a strategy including how it would commercially work and deliver value both from a growth and service point of view
- Facilitate the delivery of Customer Journey maps.
- A Relevant business degree, preferably commercial WITH an appropriate post-graduate Diploma
- Minimum 10 years’ insurance operations and customer services experience with a solid understanding and background of life and group scheme insurance operations is required
- Extensive corporate experience with financial services industry experience as an advantage
- Strong Customer service orientation
- Senior management experience, preferably at an executive committee level
- Experience of fostering and maintaining long term, strategic relationships with varying clients and internal business partners
- High level technical knowledge
- General knowledge of appropriate systems, processes and products is an advantage
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Candidates will be required to go through a background and vetting process if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.