Accountant CA(SA) - Ekurhuleni – Johannesburg Gauteng
Salary: R45-55K CTC Per Month
Purpose of Position:
Complement Recruitment are recruiting for an Accountant for a permanent position based in Ekurhuleni, Elandsfontein, Johannesburg Gauteng. The purpose of the accountant (chartered accountant) is to efficiently assist the finance department and support the Group through efficient cost analysis and provision of insights. Salary includes provident fund contribution. Newly qualified CA’s welcome to apply.
Apply Directly for this Job by clicking here - https://bit.ly/3LkgmiK
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting Degree.
- Qualified CA(SA)
- 1-3 years’ experience in financial accounting field.
- Logistics or courier business experience will be advantageous.
- Good planning & organising skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail – meticulous
- South African citizen with clear criminal record
- Working hours 07:30 – 17:00 – office based, not remote
- Executes on the financial reporting, budgeting and accounting function for RSA and Group
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as purchases, inventory, labour, overtime, fuel, owner driver costs etc.
- Analyse changes in business activity, direct costs or services provided to determine effects on costs and profitability
- Review branch, company and group cost results
- Interpret and provide insight related to branch, company and group structures
- Perform scenario analysis to determine possible future cost and profitability structures
- Assist with designing a costing model to assist and support the revenue assurance function. Costing model to include benchmarks and targets related to recovery rates, overhead absorption rates, costs
- Provide timeous recommendations to management with regards costs analysis
- Assists with preparation of branch, company and group budgets, forecasts and benchmarks
- Prepare monthly journal entries, document financial transactions by entering account information
- Analyse monthly profit and loss statements for all branches and all business units
- Perform variance analysis on select GL accounts
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports that management may require
- Responds and addresses financial audit queries
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with financial legal requirements (including Tax, Vat, IFRS etc) by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Assist with managing owner driver costs
Find Us on Social Media
Apply Directly on our Contact Form - Attach your Microsoft Word CV, and complete all the required information – www.complement.co.za/contact
Please Note: Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion. Should you not meet the minimum requirements or hear from us within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.