The duties of this role include preparing of management accounts, managing the cash flow and income statement, maintaining the fixed asset register and depreciation thereof, preparing year-end journals and preparation of audit files as well as preparing of financial statements. This position reports in to the Senior Accountant / Finance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage a team and carry out day to day Accountant duties
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to handle large volumes of work including stock management.
- Ability to manage a remote team while ensuring that targets are met
- Responsible for accounting for daily Creditors and Debtors transactions
- Responsible in ensuring month-end reconciliations and reports are completed
- Full control of Fixed Assets – approval; maintaining asset register; scrapings; revalue; recon to GL
- Responsible for ensuring financial Year-end audit is carried out efficiently and successfully
- Making sure that costing and controls are in place and adhered to
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Analysis and investigation of variances
- Calculation of depreciation
- Managing provisions and accruals
- Reviewing creditor’s reconciliations
- Processing Journals
- Reviewing of payments
- Preparing the audit file and ensuring compliance
- Monitor & reconcile all projects – new builds and remodels
- Monitor monthly costs per store per budget.
- Recon head office/Franchise Head Sales vs Royalties vs Income Statement
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Supervising remotely: General finance staff – creditors; cash controls; bank accounts; oversee/prep all Balance Sheet recons
- Analysing and investigation of variances to bring attention to ops team and propose possible reasons to the variances
- Judgment and decision making around managing finance team and daily routines
- To keep up to date with country finance laws to ensure compliance and advise
- Advanced numerical skills and statistical skills
- The capacity to arrange the availability and allocation of resources, the utilisation of control systems as well as the delegation and co-ordination of tasks and duties of individuals and groups.
- To plan, prioritise and systemise the action in line with required resources.
- Capacity to focus on and achieve standards of service which comply with the highest expectations of clients