Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist in drafting of different ethics reports for timeous submission to relevant stakeholders on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Support line management on addressing all ethics related matters.
- Advise line management on emerging ethics risks.
- Facilitate the development and Implementation of ethics framework and strategies/ plans
- Participate in collaborative initiatives with other business units and other combined assurance service.
- Plan, organise and facilitate ethics/ values and related policies awareness campaigns.
- Manage ethics knowledge base by assisting in the drafting of ethics articles for publication in the Ethics Newsletter.
- Provide continuous support to Ethics Ambassadors’ programme.
- Conduct and research on best practices on ethics management and fraud awareness.
- Manage case management and conflict of interest.
- Track, attend and follow up on reported unethical cases.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Advanced Diploma @ NQF Level 7 related qualification in Business Ethics and Compliance/ Public Administration/ Legal.
- Ethics Officer Certification by The Ethics Institute/ Certified Fraud Examiner is a requirement.
- Relevant 5 -7 years’ experience in an ethics/ compliance/ risk/ fraud investigation environment of which 2 years must have been on a supervisory level or area of expertise.
- Understanding of corporate governance standards and practice.
- Understanding of ethics management frameworks and applicable laws.
- Strong stakeholder relations management.
- Understanding of King IV Report.
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Network and alliances.
- Change management.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite: Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good report writing and business writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.