Senior Bookkeeper / Accountant Constantia Cape Town
Our Accounting Firm Client in Constantia Southern Suburbs Cape Town is looking for an Accountant / Senior Bookkeeper with 3-5 years accounting / bookkeeping experience. You can be SAIPA Qualified or just experienced as an accountant. You can also be SAICA’s /AGA(SA) qualified but NOT A MUST. FULL ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL though – NON NEGOTIABLE
• Accounting Financial Certificate or Degree Advantageous
• SAIPA Accountant registration – Added Advantage BUT NOT A MUST
• You can also have – SAICA’s / AGA(SA) – BUT NOT A MUST
• 3-5 years Accountant experience from an accounting firm prospective
• Supervise and initiating the processing of client information cheques, receipts, sales invoices, purchase invoices
• Perform bank reconciliations.
• Processing and reconciling of Petty Cash and cash control accounts
• Keeping of a fixed asset register
• General journals – e.g. depreciation, provisions, interest, salaries, stock, etc.
• Process journal entries e.g. new instalment sale agreements, interest on borrowings, provisions, accruals of income and expenses, bad debts etc.
• Reconcile debtors and creditors statements.
• Correct accounting treatment on disposal of assets (property, plant & equipment) and investments and the calculation of the taxation on capital gains/losses.
• Analyse the resulting trial balance for mistakes / deviations and be able to discuss the results with the client.
• Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors days, Debtors days
• Produce a draft set of financials
• Prepare the notes to financial statements
• Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities
• Calculate the tax liability for sole proprietors, individuals, close corporations and trusts, small business corporations, and partnerships.
• Reconciliations of input/output VAT to monthly trial balance.
• Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
• On-the-job training and development of junior members if required.
• Provisional tax calculations
• Maintain strong client relationships
• Good communicator with Clients and colleagues
• Strong management skills, leadership and organisational abilities.
• Able to work on their own and run a portfolio of clients.
• Meet monthly deadlines timeously.
• Have a thorough knowledge of Payroll, VAT and efiling
FROGG Recruitment SA
The Story of FROGG Recruitment Founded in 2010, FROGG Recruitment operates from its Cape Town offices and strives to provide professional recruitment services to our valuable clients and candidates. We work in Contingency Recruitment finding Employers Permanent and Contract Employees. We are a traditional recruitment agency specializing in recruitment sectors such as all Financial Services & Accountancy Recruitment. HR Recruitment, Office Support, and Administration Recruitment. FMCG Recruitment, Manufacturing Recruitment, Hospitality Recruitment, Supply Chain & Procurement Recruitment. Digital Marketing Recruitment and Sales Recruitment. We have been voted by our clients as one of the best recruitment agencies in Cape Town. Are you looking for top talent to join your organization. We will find you real talent for all types of business and recruitment sectors. Are you looking for a recruitment agency in Cape Town, our experienced recruiter professionals will assist and guide you through the recruitment placement process to appoint capable staff. Our aim is to provide top service in the full recruitment process sustaining client relationships and service. Our selected recruitment consultants deliver top-rated recruitment services and in short we are reckoned as one of the top employment agencies in Cape Town. We aim to please, to summarize we offer recruitment services tailored to suit the client’s specific employment needs. In addition to this we are one of the top personnel agencies in Cape Town.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link