Our client is one of the world’s largest independent corporate and trust services providers with offices based in Cape Town and Stellenbosch.
Our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team.
The company’s core business is setting up and managing offshore companies, trusts, and other structures to meet the specific personal or business needs of their clients. Typically, these needs would include tax planning, wealth protection, foreign property ownership, pension planning and facilitating cross-border business.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, or any other means of generating interest from potential clients.
They must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will successfully demonstrate the company’s value to potential clients and win new business for the company.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, target-orientated salesperson.
They must develop a rapport with new clients and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Business Manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company.
This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions / services the company can provide, and the company’s competitors.
- Present the company to potential clients through direct communication in face-to-face meetings, telephone calls and through online channels.
- Follow up on new business opportunities and setting up meetings.
- Develop new business relationships, generate, and negotiate new income for the company to an agreed annual target, increasing year on year.
- Identify and generate sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Communicate new product developments to prospective clients. Responsible for her / his own lead generation and appointment setting.
- Contribute to the development of marketing literature / writing content / providing management with feedback.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales cycle process: lead generation, credentials pitch, asking questions, solutions pitch, negotiation, close, handover to the account management team.
- Attending and contributing to weekly sales meetings and presenting your current sales process and business strategy to the core sales team.
- Possess drive, motivation, and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to the company are captured and explored.
- She / he will have individual responsibility for new business, and will be expected to self-manage; however, they will be part of a growing team of people with the same job title. Support is available from the Chairman and Managing Director for complex large pitches and strategies.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals and any further documentation, following the company’s procedures.
- She / he will effectively interact with other departments including finance, compliance and administration teams when handing over new client files - ensuring they are correctly briefed in all aspects of the sale.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Networking, persuasion, prospecting, and public speaking.
- Research, writing and closing skills.
- Motivation for sales, prospecting skills, and sales planning.
- Identification of customer needs and challenges.
- Territory management and market knowledge.
- Meeting sales goal.
- Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Office.
- Undergraduate Law, Business or Accounting qualification.
- 3+ years of sales experience in corporate and trust sector or business consultancy, preferably in financial services, accounting, or legal sector.
- Must have an existing business network of introducers that he / she can add to the company’s existing network.
- Experience in administration and compliance,
- Company formation, accounting and legal experience is a big advantage but not essential.
- A good working knowledge of how to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience of manual and / or electronic client recording systems.
- Understanding of compliance and client due diligence requirements.
- Understanding of relevant regulations on money laundering, countering, and financial crime.
- Understanding of requirements of legal agreements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal English language capabilities.
- Understanding of Afrikaans.
- Numerate, diligent, and well organized.
- Good communication skills, including drafting emails and responding appropriately to telephone calls.
- Accurate with good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to respond to urgent or delicate matters with tact and diplomacy, and to recognize the need to refer to management when required.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised.
- Driver’s license with own transport
- Social skills.
- Desire to continuously learn and improve skills.
- Good work ethic, well-presented and highly persuasive.
- A good deal of common sense and an ability to think on one’s feet.
- Strong commitment to organization effectiveness and service delivery.
- Be driven; ability to use your initiative.
- Proactive in seeking new tasks.
- Self-motivated and diligent.
Salary: Market related (depending on qualifications and experience)
Location: Cape Town.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online for this position if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Closing date: 9 May 2022
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.